News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Thank you Video guys

Started by WV Flopper, February 06, 2021, 03:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Flopper

I mean that! Thank you.

I have hunted turkeys for 32 years now I guess, I have killed a couple in that time. But, I really do enjoy watching the turkey shows on T.V. and on You Tube. I do have favorites, I am sure all of you that enjoy this do. There are a few of these guys I would like to share a hunt with. Not my favorite, that little guy Dave Owens would walk me in the ground on a non gobbling day I believe. I would want to hunt with a couple of the old guys like Salter, or Cuz. Probably more my speed, I could be wrong. No offense meant fellows!

I know some of these guys can at times, catch a bad wrap for something.....showing a gate or something missed in editing. "Maybe that was intentional", for a reason other than people think. But, mostly for the amount of time they put in the woods they do a awesome job.

At one time I cussed the commercialization of turkey hunting, Still do when I run into a crowd.  This is where a lot of the newbies come from I am sure. But, they have all the same right as me to hunt. And at this time, I think we need new hunters and shooters, for all of us to keep enjoying what we do.

I like to see the different states and terrain, I may never to be able to hunt some of these places. I look forward to seeing the new hunts that pop up on You Tube, good job Men! Again, Thank you!

Mathews.1

Tom007

They are very enjoyable to watch, many thanks..
"Solo hunter"

Brad_Colvin

I personally like the fact that the trend seems to me to be more towards emphasizing the hunt than the kill. It's refreshing to me to see these guys put out a 30 minute or longer video with no kill and it still gets a lot of views.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

WV Flopper

Brad, I agree.

One of the things I like, I learn from someone. Even when it comes to turkey hunting and the EGO I have, I learn. The info is there if you can except it. Alot of times it is way more than just a kill.

Sixes

I don't mind the well made videos, but I don't much care for everyone acting like they are pros.

The whole "folks, this morning, we are..... and then we will be back in a few minutes"  like its a commercial break is stupid  to me.

Turkey videos are not as bad as deer videos.

95% of wannabe youtube deer hunters are terrible, why post a video where you cannot even make out where the deer or turkey is even standing or waiting until the next day to trail a deer.

If you try that around here, the deer will either be spoiled or ate by coyotes. I've killed in the hundreds of deer and I have never purposely waited to trail one nor snuck up and put my barrel on their eye.

I watch the good ones: Dave Owens, The Hunting Public, Shane Simpson, UNtamed, Hunting Beast and a few more.

The newest and one of the best out now is Hunt Club with Philip Culpepper.  Good hunter and great turkey caller

3bailey3

I have been watching some of the Hunting Public and i have enjoyed them, very respectful young men and the thing i like the most i have heard no music during the hunts! Really like the still pic's after the hunts!

Haypatch

THP, Owens, Untamed, Simpson , Hunting Beast and Culpepper are all good... I watch them all! Kill or not its good stuff!

Greg Massey

Quote from: Haypatch on February 11, 2021, 01:36:53 PM
THP, Owens, Untamed, Simpson , Hunting Beast and Culpepper are all good... I watch them all! Kill or not its good stuff!
x2 .. i really like these young men. Class act in my opinion.

Justinbowhunter

One I don't see mentioned on here much is Jay Hembree, Panola Brand on You Tube. He puts out some great content.

Shoreguy

I agree with everyone as well.  I just found Panola Brand or Panola Productions (youtube name) this year and he is good.  Nothing fancy just a good hunter and explains what he does and why.

bluetick58

deerhunt1988

Heck of a lot better than what used to be shown on TV, that is for sure! After watching the boys get whipped on public land in MS the first season of Spring Thunder (before it was THP), I was ecstatic to see some good content. Watched every episode. Told folks about it. Then Pinhoti rolled around. Awesome! Finally, real turkey hunting!

But my opinion has since changed. Nothing cool about hotspotting areas and sending masses of folks to inundate certain public lands. Even if they don't mention the specific location, often times it isn't too terribly hard to figure out. And folks are! I've personally watched/hunted several areas the YouTubers have hunted. BIG difference in hunting pressure on some of these areas now compared to what it was before YouTube! Some areas are bout unsafe.

But yeah, we need more hunters. I get that. But eventually, at the sacrifice of what, the resource? We will continue to see them have more and more encounters with other hunters in their videos and they've brought it upon themselves. The hunting quality on some of these spots will become a fraction of what it used to be. But more hunters! Really though, MORE VIEWS and $$$. Speaking as a public land manager....When this gig becomes someone's full time job, I somewhat take offense to profiting off our public lands so, especially when it can become a detriment to the resource.

South Florida will never be the same. Not just Big Cypress either. The draw hunts. Folks have find out all the Florida killing ain't on Big Cypress and the draw hunt data reflects that (I have this data). Iowa season demographics have completely shifted since THP started airing it. Anyone who hunts northeast Alabama or Middle TN can you what a cluster that has become. South Wisconsin, don't even get me started on that! Absolute madhouse last spring. And I could go on. Yeah, I just named areas like I referenced a couple paragraphs above. But no areas social media and YouTube hasn't already had a negative effect on.

Really sucks for the locals that rely on these spots. But the YouTubers can just pack up and head elsewhere the next spring knowing folks will be congregating where they WERE the previous spring. It is going to be a continuous cycle. And more and more local folks will continue to be affected. Opinions about this slowly shift.

Of course folks who don't rely strictly on public lands to hunt won't be affected. So they will never see this in the same light as others. I have a good many traveling turkey hunting acquaintances that were doing the traveling thing way before YouTube. Great, respectable turkey hunters.
90% of them share the exact same opinion as I do.

Gobble!

WV Flopper

I watched the boys kill that turkey out in the Pacific West last evening. Don't even remember them saying it was in the Pacific North West. Or even mentioning an airport that Chubbs landed at! Maybe they did and I missed it?

I am pretty sure that was Washington or Oregon. Hope I didn't just burn that spot!