Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Looking for Brad Roberts blue mahoe bronzed glass over glass

Started by Riley1, February 03, 2021, 07:45:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riley1

Like the title says I know it's a long shot but looking for someone the would be willing to part with one.
Roberts Mahoe bronzed glass over glass.

Tom007

Did not know he made a Mahoe Bronzed glass/glass. I have a Mahoe Bronzed glass over Aluminum. It is an awesome call, one of my favorites...The Bronzed glass calls are getting harder to find....best of luck....
"Solo hunter"

ChesterCopperpot

There was a zebrawood bronzed glass over aluminum sold on here two days ago and I hate myself for not snatching it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jed clampett

I have gotten lots of calls from Brad and never heard about glass/glass did he ever make some?

tlh2865

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on February 03, 2021, 08:39:06 PM
There was a zebrawood bronzed glass over aluminum sold on here two days ago and I hate myself for not snatching it up

Me too!! I was driving down the road when it came up and missed it

HookedonHooks

Brad has made a few. The glass soundboards were covered with a camo sticker. There's just a handful or less of both glass and slate soundboard Mahoe bronzed glass calls from him out there, as the aluminum soundboard was his preference.

I have all three, and personally think the slate or aluminum are both a touch better than glass, but it's hard to pick one over the other on any of the three.

Brad's bronzed glass over aluminum calls in any wood are as good as they come, it doesn't have to be Mahoe, but it is one of my favorites.

Tom007

Quote from: HookedonHooks on February 04, 2021, 08:49:32 AM
Brad has made a few. The glass soundboards were covered with a camo sticker. There's just a handful or less of both glass and slate soundboard Mahoe bronzed glass calls from him out there, as the aluminum soundboard was his preference.

I have all three, and personally think the slate or aluminum are both a touch better than glass, but it's hard to pick one over the other on any of the three.

Brad's bronzed glass over aluminum calls in any wood are as good as they come, it doesn't have to be Mahoe, but it is one of my favorites.

Nice collection.......

"Solo hunter"

Greg Massey

Quote from: HookedonHooks on February 04, 2021, 08:49:32 AM

Thanks for sharing your collection and the information on the Bronze glass over glass..

Tom007

A general question for all, is Bronzed glass hard to get for some reason? Just wondering....
"Solo hunter"

Riley1

Yes it's not made anymore. There are some call makers that still have a lot of it but as a whole not readily available.

HookedonHooks

Quote from: Tom007 on February 05, 2021, 08:07:09 AM
A general question for all, is Bronzed glass hard to get for some reason? Just wondering....
It's not just hard to get, it's almost impossible to find unless you know someone who's been sitting on it for multiple years.

It came from Mexico from a place that made windshields. This technology is no longer used in the windshields and why you do not see it anymore and why it's so "precious" in the turkey call world as it is no longer produced.

Tom007

Thank you for the great info. Now I know why they are tough to get, thx again...
"Solo hunter"

turkeynewb

Actually I believe its still available, just in to thick of sizes