Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Need help. Tss guys and reloaders......help.

Started by Youngin23, January 27, 2021, 08:26:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngin23

Ok guys. New to the group.  I understand this is the place to be however. I reload rifle ammo. I find it to be simple. Now I wanna reload tss for my turkey gun. I currently buy very hi end expensive tss from a known dealer. And they do shoot wonderfully.  But 150 for 10 shells.  Shew.  Anyway 3.5 incher is all I will be loading. What press and cheap is better due to only turkey shells loaded. Also I have no clue what else goes into a shell. Buffer stuff. Shot amount. Powder. Wads.  I have no idea. Also I understand some guys on here sell tss along with recipes. Look forward to hearing what you more knowledgeable guys got to tell me. 

Tom007

Quote from: Youngin23 on January 27, 2021, 08:26:04 AM
Ok guys. New to the group.  I understand this is the place to be however. I reload rifle ammo. I find it to be simple. Now I wanna reload tss for my turkey gun. I currently buy very hi end expensive tss from a known dealer. And they do shoot wonderfully.  But 150 for 10 shells.  Shew.  Anyway 3.5 incher is all I will be loading. What press and cheap is better due to only turkey shells loaded. Also I have no clue what else goes into a shell. Buffer stuff. Shot amount. Powder. Wads.  I have no idea. Also I understand some guys on here sell tss along with recipes. Look forward to hearing what you more knowledgeable guys got to tell me.

Welcome to the forum. I do not reload, but there are experts on here that do. Stay tuned, you get great info. Best of luck.....
"Solo hunter"

Youngin23

I appreciate it. Yeah I seen several posts from past. Well prior to my signing up. However seens slow so far. Hoping someone will let me pick their brain persay.

shatcher

You don't need 3.5 inch for anything.  If loading for tss 12 gauge, 2 3/4 is all you need.  See Foxtrot ammo, TN Twister.

Gobble!

Most guys are roll crimping so any drill press will work. You'll want to reach out to Hal Abbot. He sells the shot and can provide you pressure tested recipes.

chipper

PM sent , Reloader on this forum is a wealth of info. He also has one of the most consistent, easy to load 20 gauge loads , I've gone to a 20 exclusively but I'm sure he has some smoking 12 gauge loads also and very good shot.