turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

835 trigger adjustments

Started by derek, February 13, 2011, 07:29:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derek

I have a 2009 mossberg that I'd like to adjust the trigger on.  Anyone know if there's a way to do this? 

I saw that in 2010 mossberg started making slug/turkey guns featuring the LPA adjustable trigger.  User adjustable to just under 3lbs of pressure.  Makes me wonder about ordering a new trigger assembly from mossberg featuring the LPA.  Has anyone done this? 
www.youtube.com/thebaysidelegion

www.thebaysidelegion.com

VAHUNTER

the 835 has a self contained trigger. please do not attempt to work on it unless you are sure you can reassemble it. i have talked to several smiths about doing a trigger job om my 835. i have been told there is not much that can be done
Good things come to those who wait

allaboutshooting

It's been my experience that use will smooth out and somewhat lighten the trigger on the 835. The last time I checked, the LPA trigger group was not available from Mossberg as an after market item. That could of course change at some point. I have one of those on a 4x4 rifle and it's very good.

Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

VAHUNTER

Quote from: allaboutshooting on February 13, 2011, 09:18:50 AM
It's been my experience that use will smooth out and somewhat lighten the trigger on the 835. The last time I checked, the LPA trigger group was not available from Mossberg as an after market item. That could of course change at some point. I have one of those on a 4x4 rifle and it's very good.

Clark
you are correct Clark. my trigger is a lot better now than it was new.
Good things come to those who wait

RustySap

muddyhole

there was a spring kit that lightened the mossberg triggers.   installed 2 in 2 of mine.  better but still no where near as good as a stock 870.   heard of a gunsmith that can get them down to about 3 # 

devin4484

Had a local gunsmith adjust mine down to 3.5 lbs.  It started out at a horrible 9 lbs.  It was well worth the $30.00 to do it.

Steamin

Quote from: devin4484 on February 13, 2011, 08:38:13 PM
Had a local gunsmith adjust mine down to 3.5 lbs.  It started out at a horrible 9 lbs.  It was well worth the $30.00 to do it.

I'll #1 devin4484, I had a local gunsmith do mine as well, only mine was $26.00.

TrackeySauresRex

I had mine cleaned polished and new springs it's allot better then it was. Still could be better.   
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

fountain

The turkey thug guns appear to have an adjustable trigger