turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Need Some Help

Started by warchickenchaser, May 20, 2011, 12:35:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

warchickenchaser

I am looking to buy a trail camera or two, and I know that opinions vary alot on brand, model, etc. I figure it want hurt to get a few recommendations on what is the best for the money.  I have read chasinggame.com till im blue in the face, and just cant decide.

honker22

I have 3 of the small Bushnell cams and like them.  They take good pictures and can fit in your pocket
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

GobbleNut

I don't know much about trail cams, but I have also heard that the Bushnell cams are really good for what they cost.

rempumpman

Many good trail cam's out there but I have never had any problems out of my moltrie game camera's; good luck...........rem
God has always provided the tree, but you never read where he built the nest.

barry

Haven't tried the Bushnell so I can't comment on them but we have used Moultrie, Cuddeback and the latest we tried was Spypoint. The Spypoint blows the others away in my opinion...better price, easier to use, long battery life and GREAT pics.
See for yourself, here's 3 pics taken with the IR-6 one of the cheaper Spypoint cams...about $100 cheaper than a Cuddeback with the same features

GobbleNut

Wow, Barry,...those are some great trail cam pictures!

warchickenchaser

Thanks for the help and those are some awesome pictures...hows the battery life on the spypoint? I saw the Bushnells and Truth Cams and they take fairly good pictures, yet the truthcam will scare the fool out of a deer.  In three round burst mode they will be feeding, looking, then running!

TnHunter

Been looking for one myself and think I'll check out the spypoint and see where its made, trying to stay with something made in the USA.
Life is good today

barry

Quote from: warchickenchaser on May 23, 2011, 07:11:10 AM
Thanks for the help and those are some awesome pictures...hows the battery life on the spypoint? I saw the Bushnells and Truth Cams and they take fairly good pictures, yet the truthcam will scare the fool out of a deer.  In three round burst mode they will be feeding, looking, then running!

We're well over 1000 pics on one set of 6 AA batteries