turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Picked up a Collectors piece and

Started by Sir-diealot, January 05, 2021, 07:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

I picked up a collectors piece and a wingbone that is numbered. I can not tell for sure but I believe the signature on the box call is Dave Constantine and after going to his site and looking how he does things I am pretty sure it is.
This is Mr. Constantines website and after looking at several of his calls I do think it is one of his. http://www.dconstantine.com/tc-box.cfm

The wingbone seems to read Mike Hanna but I am not sure of that and is numbered #32 has anyone heard of him?

By the way I am sorry for the quality of the pictures, I just could not seem to get anything to come out the way I wanted them to.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Ctrize

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

guesswho

Dang, that fellow spent some time making that box call.  Nice piece for the display case, congrats.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

GobbleGitr

Congrats on the calls.  In case you didn't know, that Constantine box is a replica (reproduction) of the original call.  There were 2600 of of them made and sold through NWTF banquets.  Last couple I saw sell went for $120ish.  Dave Constantine does amazing work, one of his originals is worth a lot of coin!

Sir-diealot

Quote from: guesswho on January 05, 2021, 08:00:07 PM
Dang, fellow spent some time making that box call.  Nice piece for the display case, congrats.
That he sure did. I am going to have to find some more room somehow, right now it will stay in the Ol' Tom Treasure chest wrapped up in a towel to keep it safe til I can get more room or another display case.

Quote from: GobbleGitr on January 05, 2021, 08:09:47 PM
Congrats on the calls.  In case you didn't know, that Constantine box is a replica (reproduction) of the original call.  There were 2600 of of them made and sold through NWTF banquets.  Last couple I saw sell went for $120ish.  Dave Constantine does amazing work, one of his originals is worth a lot of coin!
No I did not know that at all, the lady I got it from said that she and her husband used to go to NWTF events all the time and that that is where they picked it up. Any clue on the wing bone maker? By the way, nice to know I did not pay to much.

John Koenig:

Tom007

Beautiful call Steve, good luck with it......
"Solo hunter"

paboxcall

Dave is an amazing artist. Congrats on that pick up Steve.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

310 gauge

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Tom007 on January 05, 2021, 09:34:13 PM
Beautiful call Steve, good luck with it......
Thank you Tom, I do not think it is meant to be played, just displayed. When I get some alcohol pads I will clean the mouth area of the wing bone a little and try to play that a bit.

Quote from: paboxcall on January 05, 2021, 11:35:44 PM
Dave is an amazing artist. Congrats on that pick up Steve.
I had not heard of him until I started to look into this, he certainly is talented, I do not think I could afford to have an original done by him.

Quote from: 310 gauge on January 05, 2021, 11:52:40 PM
That's a super cool call Steve!
Thanks, I think it is pretty neat myself, a lot going on with it.

John Koenig:

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

RutnNStrutn

That is a nice box call!! Great find!!  :icon_thumright:

doublespurs21

this was the first one Dave did,,,  i think yours was a couple of years later

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Muzzy61 on January 06, 2021, 02:11:12 PM
Very cool!
Thank you.

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on January 07, 2021, 05:33:01 PM
That is a nice box call!! Great find!!  :icon_thumright:
Thanks, friend of mine was amazed at the detail. Then I showed him Dave's website and he was really astonished.

Quote from: doublespurs21 on January 07, 2021, 06:11:36 PM

this was the first one Dave did,,,  i think yours was a couple of years later
I am not sure if that is a joke or you are being serious, if serious then he has come a very long way though that certainly is an interesting looking piece.

John Koenig:

doublespurs21

no joke,,,,,,,,,,  i believe  this call sold for $4500-5000 back than,,, dave won the nwtf callmaking contest with this call,