OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mossberg sa-20 what barrel length?

Started by YukonC, December 30, 2020, 11:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YukonC

I have decided I want to put down the 835 for a while get a semi auto 20. I read something about the 26" barrels patterning better with the sa-20 but their turkey model is a 22". I plan on using a Indian creek choke and Apex or Federal tss #9. Also is there any difference in the youth model other than the stock length? I plan to put a pistol grip on and if there is not a difference that would be a good in between being a 24" model?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fmf

i would get the shortest barrel that they offered

Turkeyfever

I have the SA 20 Turkey thug with the 22 inch barrel and I really like it. The pattern is awesome as I shoot a Carlson 575 non ported turkey choke and Federal TSS #9. I would go with the short barrel , plus the turkey model comes drilled and tapped. Mine even came with the rail. The gun is light and is a Gobblers worst nightmare! Good luck.

YukonC

Quote from: Turkeyfever on December 31, 2020, 08:48:25 AM
I have the SA 20 Turkey thug with the 22 inch barrel and I really like it. The pattern is awesome as I shoot a Carlson 575 non ported turkey choke and Federal TSS #9. I would go with the short barrel , plus the turkey model comes drilled and tapped. Mine even came with the rail. The gun is light and is a Gobblers worst nightmare! Good luck.
They are still
Offering a 22" barrel turkey model which I could just replace the stock with an adjustable pistol grip. How is your 40yrd pattern? That is the exact ammo I plan to use.

Turkeyfever

Yukon , I sent you a message of a site to go and look at my 40 yard picture! I can't post pictures here but do havoe it posted on the site I directed you to in my PM. At 40 yards you have a dead gobbler all day long. I want shoot past that so that is as far as I pattern.

YukonC

Great pattern! Now I just need to find one to buy....