turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Unicoi 2021

Started by M Sharpe, December 22, 2020, 09:12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AppalachianHollers

I'm asking this a bit sheepishly, but is Lonnie Mabry okay or did he just decide not to go? I was under the impression he's usually there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davisd9

Quote from: AppalachianHollers on January 08, 2021, 01:42:47 PM
I'm asking this a bit sheepishly, but is Lonnie Mabry okay or did he just decide not to go? I was under the impression he's usually there.

He goes to look and talk, not sell
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Spitten and drummen

I jad a great time and picked up a few calls and books. Next year os on my schedule.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

AppalachianHollers

Quote from: davisd9 on January 08, 2021, 02:00:21 PM

He goes to look and talk, not sell

Thanks!

Jmarek

anyone that has been could tell us how the show is this year. I was unable to go but
I guess I am wondering how it compares to previous years

310 gauge

Yes sir!!!  Ready to see those new toys bought!! My Wife and I come out of quarantine today...Yippeeee!

SwampChickenSC

I went Friday and of course there were fewer vendors and fewer attendees.  IMO it was still an excellent turnout and kind of nice that it wasn't elbow to elbow in there....definitely got to spend a little more one on one time talking with callmakers
"some men are mere hunters, others are turkey hunters"-Archibald Rutledge

rakkin6

Quote from: SwampChickenSC on January 09, 2021, 11:53:52 AM
I went Friday and of course there were fewer vendors and fewer attendees.  IMO it was still an excellent turnout and kind of nice that it wasn't elbow to elbow in there....definitely got to spend a little more one on one time talking with callmakers
Love those boxes, can't really speak on the trumpets since I don't own one but they are beautiful

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

BigSlam51

That a farmer trumpet?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

KentuckyHeadhunter

Quote from: BigSlam51 on January 09, 2021, 12:42:14 PM
That a farmer trumpet?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Looks like a Glover aka Crawdad
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

SwampChickenSC

Quote from: BigSlam51 on January 09, 2021, 12:42:14 PM

That a farmer trumpet?

I wish! They're from Mr. Lewis Stowe
"some men are mere hunters, others are turkey hunters"-Archibald Rutledge

aclawrence

Quote from: AppalachianHollers on January 08, 2021, 01:42:47 PM

I went to see Mr. Mabry this week and he was doing well. I think the weather report of possible snow was keeping him from going.  He is 80yrs old and has had some health issues so I think it was a wise choice.  I'm really hoping to attend the Uncoi show next year. I've got to start saving. I spent all my money at Mr. Mabrys haha.

Spitten and drummen

I was there Friday. Just as expected , it was smaller than normal. I still had a great time and met a couple of guys from here , left with 8 calls and spent alot of time talking with Jim Spencer and Larry Proffitt. Had a great time and glad I went. Looking forward to next year. I also want to thank Mark Sharp for keeping the show going through all of the set backs.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

BBR12

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on January 09, 2021, 09:20:07 PM
I was there Friday. Just as expected , it was smaller than normal. I still had a great time and met a couple of guys from here , left with 8 calls and spent alot of time talking with Jim Spencer and Larry Proffitt. Had a great time and glad I went. Looking forward to next year. I also want to thank Mark Sharp for keeping the show going through all of the set backs.

I couldn't agree more. I enjoyed it and enjoyed running into you again this year. I spent all my money and then a little more just like I have the last three years.

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: BBR12 on January 09, 2021, 09:48:03 PM
Quote from: Spitten and drummen on January 09, 2021, 09:20:07 PM

I couldn't agree more. I enjoyed it and enjoyed running into you again this year. I spent all my money and then a little more just like I have the last three years.

Glad I was able to visit with you too buddy. Hope to see you again next year. I know what you mean about spending too much lol. I always go over my limit.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"