News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Suggestions Needed

Started by bdirks, December 22, 2020, 09:57:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris O

Quote from: M,Yingling on December 23, 2020, 11:04:10 AM
Looks like u got good many pots already ,,  always got remember even if same surface all calls from different builders  dont sound same  ,,case in point  recently had a fellow wanting a higher cleaner pitched call what he likes was a metal surface ,, in mean time texting back forth he says he likes a more of mellow slate but i had a green slate in very hard wood  sitting around i didnt care for was to high pitched for me so never sold it i tossed it in his box and tells me he realy liked the slate its more of a mellower tone then others he has ,,, so their u go u never know ,  listen to some soundfiles from makers and figure out sound u like
Very true everyone holds calls and strikers differently and very on the pressure they apply. The first thing I do with a pot call is start experimenting with strikers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris O

Quote from: paboxcall on December 22, 2020, 01:45:33 PM
I'd try a 3.25" assuming yours are all 3.5". And make it bead blasted glass over glass.

I much prefer the slightly smaller pot diameter. Easier to control, slightly sharper yelp.
I prefer the smaller pot calls as well!!! Also maybe a trough call or a peg and block striker with a slate like the Lynch jet slate might be a good change up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

outdoors

DIFFERENT WOOD  , YA GET DIFFERENT TONES
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field