OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Georgia Buck #2

Started by Sixes, December 09, 2020, 12:24:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixes

I had this buck on camera most of the year, but he has been mostly nocturnal and tough to see. With a cold front (19 low this AM), I knew the buck would be moving and feeding a little more than normal.  Sure enough, I got a cell cam picture this morning at around 930 and I guessed he would be back through this afternoon.

I grabbed my bow and headed to the stand about 230 and at ~435, I saw him step out on a roadbed going right by my stand. A minute or so after first seeing him, I shot him at 22 yards and he proceeded to run about 50 yards and then stumble, fall and slide down to the bottom of a really steep hill and into a wet branch.

Normally, I can drive my 4 wheeler in from the bottom of the hill but the last hurricane that came through a few weeks ago fell about 2 dozen huge oaks all through our property, so now it is like jungle. I ended up calling a buddy that lives close and we drug it until I could get close enough with the ATV.

Here are a couple of pics. He is really rutted down and looks to have lost 40+ pounds since mid October.

Dr Juice

Nice! That's the way to do it. Congrats.

Ctrize

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

idratherb

Beards and Hooks

Congrats, nice buck!

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

Gawhitaker

3bailey3

Happy

Nice buck. Always did like dark antlers bucks

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Spring Creek Calls

Congratulations! Can you post one of those trail cam "before" pictures?
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

ElkTurkMan

Sixes

Quote from: Spring Creek Calls on December 11, 2020, 07:08:00 PM
Congratulations! Can you post one of those trail cam "before" pictures?

Here is the morning pic that I got and I killed him that evening. And a pic of the lighted nock at the moment of impact.

Dr Juice

Tom007

Wow, great story, great buck. Congrats...
"Solo hunter"

Sixes

I got lucky on the camera videoing the kill shot.

I have this camera, love it by the way, set to take two pics and a 15 second video when it is triggered. The two pics are the deer coming down the road and the video is of the buck walking for a few seconds, stopping, the shot impact and then ends with the buck running off over the hill.

The pic above is a still shot from the video, but I would have never thought the lighted green nock would look like a laser hitting the buck.