turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Dream turkey gun?

Started by Luke95, May 19, 2011, 07:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke95

For me a mossberg 500c in 20 gauge realtree hard woods with a 24 inch tub nikon turkey pro btr of eotech with a sumtoy customs choke to top it off.
Sumtoy Get Choked

Fastcat

I think I would dream big. A custom SP 10 remington. Worked over by a good gunshop. I would have it dipped in realtree extra brown, my favorite camo pattern. And round it off with an Indian Creek and or a Pure Gold. I would need to achieve this dream soon while I can carry a gun like that without a pack animal!

turkey_slayer

A 4.5lb 20 gauge benelli with a fast fire shooting TSS 9s putting 325 in the 10 and 225 in the 20  :happy0064:

OLE RASPY

BrowningGuy88

O/U All-Weather 26" barrels that shot both barrels POI/POA. Bottom Barrel Sumtoy Custom, Top Barrel Trulock Modified Extended. Dipped in Mossy Oak Green Leaf. Shooting TSS #8 out of the bottom barrel and Lead #5's out of the top barrel.

Pretty much a Ruger Red Label dipped and choked.

Daman

archery1

well i was goin to say any gun that will get my first bird with but after i saw this 2 gauge
Quote from: OLE RASPY on May 19, 2011, 09:20:30 PM
http://youtu.be/e4L6Zpg9klw
Take a kid hunting

bird

23" to 24" semi-auto with a Knoxx Stock recoil reducing, FFII, PG .670, Hogue grips, POA true to POI, color doesn't matter.  :smiley-char092:

TalksToTurkeys

natman

Quote from: Fastcat on May 19, 2011, 08:28:36 PM
I think I would dream big. A custom SP 10 remington. Worked over by a good gunshop. I would have it dipped in realtree extra brown, my favorite camo pattern. And round it off with an Indian Creek and or a Pure Gold. I would need to achieve this dream soon while I can carry a gun like that without a pack animal!

Nice ballistics, but I agree about the need for a pack animal. Realtree Xtra Brown is my favorite pattern too, but I don't know anybody who can still dip it, it's been out of fashion for more than a decade.

BrowningGuy88

Slicky

I just flat out can't justify it. I am going to get a RRL in a 20 gauge to bird hunt with and it will probably see some time in the turkey woods, but unless I run across one of the factory camo ones for ~$750-800 I just couldn't dip a walnut/blue O/U. I found one last year for $800, but hesitated on it and it sold pretty quick.

allchokedup

I would like to see Benelli come out with an M2 20 gauge with a Steady Grip stock in APG camo, pre- drilled and tapped so you can mount a red dot scope, just like their M2 12 gauge. I would put an Eotech Holo scope on it in APG camo to match. Thats my dream turkey gun.

chatterbox

Just got mine.
Mossy 835 in New MOBU, topped with a 1.75-4 Bushnell Trophy scope.
Next addition is gonna be a SumToy choke probably in a .670 constriction, and we'll see how much this new toy of mine rocks!

VaTuRkStOmPeR

I already own it:

Browning Silver NWTF edition (with matching camo base, rings and scope)
Pentax Lightseeker 2.5x20
Indian Creek .675
Nitro 4x5x7s

287 hits in a 10" at 40 yards

gunrunner1983

Got mine the first of april its a Browning Silver NWFT gun in MOBU it sports a 24 in. Barrel and a .670 Jellyhead. Shootin 3.5, 2.25, #7s 133 pellets in a 6 inch circle at a measured 40 yrds. Its awesome!!! I've never shot a shotgun that shoots like a rifle until now.

hookedspur

Quote from: allchokedup on May 20, 2011, 05:25:52 PM
I would like to see Benelli come out with an M2 20 gauge with a Steady Grip stock in APG camo, pre- drilled and tapped so you can mount a red dot scope, just like their M2 12 gauge. I would put an Eotech Holo scope on it in APG camo to match. Thats my dream turkey gun.
WHAT HE SAID  :z-guntootsmiley:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions