OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

COVID Result

Started by Tom007, November 28, 2020, 12:07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom007

Quote from: Hooksfan on December 01, 2020, 09:42:19 PM
I'm glad you and the wife got through it with minimal issues.
I spent 9 days in the hospital (8 of them in the Covid ICU Ward).
I spent my 52nd birthday in the hospital with no major health issues other than manageable Diabetes.
I was on 8 liters oxygen and O2 levels dropping in the lower 80s.
I received a plasma infusion and was on steroids and Remdizivir.
At my worst point I was running 103 fever and I couldn't even stand up. Thank God, I never went on a vent.
I lost 35 pounds in two weeks. That was in late August/ early September and I am just now feeling close to normal.
I missed the first three weeks of my teaching job.
Do I believe this has been politicized? Absolutely.
Do I believe the response in many instances has been worse than the pandemic? Yep
Do I believe kids should be IN school? Absolutely
Do I live my life in fear? NEVER
But....do I believe Covid is for real? You bet I do!
I thank God for his mercy and grace and I would still feel that way even if I hadn't made it.

I am so glad you recovered. God bless you my friend. I thank god everyday that my wife and I did not feel the real wrath of COVID. Weird virus that affects everyone different. I sure do not want to see it hit us again. Hopefully the vaccine will cause it to eventually leave our culture. I think it's going to be a while. Be safe......
"Solo hunter"

idgobble

Quote from: silvestris on December 01, 2020, 10:00:10 PM
All thanks due to Bill Gates, Anthony Fauci and the communist Chinese.

No, you can thank Trump for not taking decisive action when he was informed about the problem.  Here's a great article about two GOP governors. Good leadership saves lives, poor leadership causes unnecessary deaths.  There's no way the anti-maskers can refute these results.  https://www.npr.org/2020/11/20/936800456/two-rural-states-with-gop-governors-and-very-different-covid-19-results?fbclid=IwAR0bYmYSQR_3agXhZu6wh3sKfyS-t1AnUOjHg1XM689DcnKIocesf5B1gZU

Sir-diealot

Quote from: idgobble on December 02, 2020, 12:17:35 PM
Quote from: silvestris on December 01, 2020, 10:00:10 PM
All thanks due to Bill Gates, Anthony Fauci and the communist Chinese.

No, you can thank Trump for not taking decisive action when he was informed about the problem.  Here's a great article about two GOP governors. Good leadership saves lives, poor leadership causes unnecessary deaths.  There's no way the anti-maskers can refute these results.  https://www.npr.org/2020/11/20/936800456/two-rural-states-with-gop-governors-and-very-different-covid-19-results?fbclid=IwAR0bYmYSQR_3agXhZu6wh3sKfyS-t1AnUOjHg1XM689DcnKIocesf5B1gZU
They blocked him every single time he tried to do something, how can he be blamed? There was a video he played showing Democrats and Liberals saying it was not big deal as well as CDC employees and reporters downplaying it, have fun finding the video now, it has been buried.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Tom007

I have to apologize if I caused political friction with this topic. I love everyone on this forum, and treasure my interaction with all of you. I just want to say that I pray everyone stays safe and healthy, and we all prevail through this crisis and get back to talkin turkey and the experiences we all live for. Be safe, healthy, and thank you all for allowing me into this forum of great people.....
"Solo hunter"

wvhoyt19

Quote from: Tom007 on December 02, 2020, 06:22:53 PM
I have to apologize if I caused political friction with this topic. I love everyone on this forum, and treasure my interaction with all of you. I just want to say that I pray everyone stays safe and healthy, and we all prevail through this crisis and get back to talkin turkey and the experiences we all live for. Be safe, healthy, and thank you all for allowing me into this forum of great people.....
Friend, you have nothing to apologize for! Your post and responses have been top notch. Unfortunately, politics will creep into everything including a turkey hunting forum. I'm glad that you all are doing well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom007

Thanks so much my friend. I wish that everyone on this forum handles this crisis and can navigate through this  like my wife and I. It's real, treats everyone differently, and like every pandemic will eventually be phased out through vaccines and developed immunity. Thanks for the kind words....I wish you and your family the best.
"Solo hunter"

hush

Quote from: howl on November 28, 2020, 09:30:26 PM
Nothing to it unless you already have a bad problem. The worst thing is the medical community is making it worse by trying to make everything covid and route everyone to the hospital. People aren't getting the care they need because their providers are just trying to find a covid positive. Good luck getting treatment for something non-covid if they get a positive result on one of those dubious tests. Everything has to be the Rona 'cause that's where the funding is. Government interference and the American Medical Association monopoly are making this all so much worse than it would have been otherwise.

As time goes on this has to stop as everyone realizes what a hoax it has been.
Wow! This is the ignorance that is perpetuating this tragedy. As a healthcare worker, I am exhausted with this. By "this", I mean the virus and stupidity written above. We are working our asses off trying to save the people affected by this "hoax". They are still dying. "Nothing to it unless you have a bad problem"? Are you serious with this BS? We have seen people with no "bad problem" die as we did everything we could do to save their life. Have you ever seen the terror in someone's eyes as they are gasping for breath? It's soul crushing. There are people dying alone without families by their side. Having to tell families who think that there is no way we can keep them from the dying that they can't be in the room as their loved one passes-soul crushing. It's ok if you think this is a hoax, but you're wrong.  I am glad you are in a position to have your head in the sand.  Our hospitals are full, to the max and then some. That means you're getting overworked and exhausted staff caring for you, regardless if you're there for a "hoax" or any other reason. No one here is trying to find a positive COVID for monetary gain, we're try to find a negative! No room in the COVID units, nowhere to put you. And if you think you won't be exposed in the hospital... You know what has to stop? The ignorant and blatant disregard for science and the disrespect of healthcare workers who make the decisions regarding your care. Think beyond yourself and your group of hoaxers. Try to help. If you can't, at least stop being part of the problem.
To the OP, thanks for sharing and congratulations on recovery!

Sir-diealot

Quote from: wvhoyt19 on December 02, 2020, 06:33:42 PM
Quote from: Tom007 on December 02, 2020, 06:22:53 PM
Friend, you have nothing to apologize for! Your post and responses have been top notch. Unfortunately, politics will creep into everything including a turkey hunting forum. I'm glad that you all are doing well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As wvhoyt19 said you have done nothing wrong, don't worry about it.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Tom007

To all the healthcare people on this site, and all around the country, Thank you for risking your health to save us. God bless all of you, you really represent who we are as Americans.........
"Solo hunter"

idgobble

Quote from: hush on December 02, 2020, 06:51:08 PM
Quote from: howl on November 28, 2020, 09:30:26 PM
Nothing to it unless you already have a bad problem. The worst thing is the medical community is making it worse by trying to make everything covid and route everyone to the hospital. People aren't getting the care they need because their providers are just trying to find a covid positive. Good luck getting treatment for something non-covid if they get a positive result on one of those dubious tests. Everything has to be the Rona 'cause that's where the funding is. Government interference and the American Medical Association monopoly are making this all so much worse than it would have been otherwise.

As time goes on this has to stop as everyone realizes what a hoax it has been.
Wow! This is the ignorance that is perpetuating this tragedy. As a healthcare worker, I am exhausted with this. By "this", I mean the virus and stupidity written above. We are working our asses off trying to save the people affected by this "hoax". They are still dying. "Nothing to it unless you have a bad problem"? Are you serious with this BS? We have seen people with no "bad problem" die as we did everything we could do to save their life. Have you ever seen the terror in someone's eyes as they are gasping for breath? It's soul crushing. There are people dying alone without families by their side. Having to tell families who think that there is no way we can keep them from the dying that they can't be in the room as their loved one passes-soul crushing. It's ok if you think this is a hoax, but you're wrong.  I am glad you are in a position to have your head in the sand.  Our hospitals are full, to the max and then some. That means you're getting overworked and exhausted staff caring for you, regardless if you're there for a "hoax" or any other reason. No one here is trying to find a positive COVID for monetary gain, we're try to find a negative! No room in the COVID units, nowhere to put you. And if you think you won't be exposed in the hospital... You know what has to stop? The ignorant and blatant disregard for science and the disrespect of healthcare workers who make the decisions regarding your care. Think beyond yourself and your group of hoaxers. Try to help. If you can't, at least stop being part of the problem.
To the OP, thanks for sharing and congratulations on recovery!

Hush, Thank you. That needs to be said to all the COVID anti mask, hoax, science deniers. Probably won't do any good but thanks for trying.

NCL

Hush, thank you and bless you for your devoted difficult work. Your post was one of the most impassioned responses i have read on this site.

NCL

Tom,

I certainly agree with what others have said you have nothing to apologize for, you just reported a scary situation that occurred within your family and it is unfortunate that this virus has been politized since being reported back in January. Glad to hear the recovery is going well and was not as severe as it has been for others.

PalmettoRon

Tom,
   Glad you are doing well. Hush, I appreciate your response and for being in the battle on a daily basis. Everybody stay well out there and let's get after those gobblers this Spring!! I can't wait!!

Tom007

Quote from: NCL on December 03, 2020, 09:57:01 AM
Tom,

I certainly agree with what others have said you have nothing to apologize for, you just reported a scary situation that occurred within your family and it is unfortunate that this virus has been politized since being reported back in January. Glad to hear the recovery is going well and was not as severe as it has been for others.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate the kind words for me and my wife. I respect everyone on this great forum, never want to create any controversy with this great family. Be safe, be well, thanks again...
"Solo hunter"

Tom007

Quote from: PalmettoRon on December 03, 2020, 11:01:24 AM
Tom,
   Glad you are doing well. Hush, I appreciate your response and for being in the battle on a daily basis. Everybody stay well out there and let's get after those gobblers this Spring!! I can't wait!!

Thank you so much. You stay safe, and like all of us here, god willing we all will be snood sniping this spring. Can't say enough about people like Hush out there battling for all of us. That's what separates us from the rest of the world, never give in, never give up.....Be well my friends....
"Solo hunter"