turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

COVID Result

Started by Tom007, November 28, 2020, 12:07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

I thought I had already commented on this, I may have been using my cell phone and I am still new to cell phones. Anyway I am glad to hear you and your wife are doing better and hope things continue to go well.

Hope this will be done in time for the next NE Call Makers Summit next year, I had been looking forward to meeting you and others here this past year and it was a major disappointment that it was canceled.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Tom007

Thanks Steve, I look forward to meeting you too. Thx for the well wishes, please stay safe, you and your family.
"Solo hunter"

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Tom007 on November 29, 2020, 05:33:48 PM
Thanks Steve, I look forward to meeting you too. Thx for the well wishes, please stay safe, you and your family.
Will do, I am trying, not being able to wear a mask (Claustrophobic) has made things very difficult for me.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Tom007

I get it, weird way of living right now.....
"Solo hunter"

PalmettoRon

Agree Sasquatch. We shouldn't lock down. People need to work, kids need to go to school and we should be allowed to do virtually anything outdoors. The vulnerable need to be especially careful, but we have to live. I just get annoyed when people like howl weigh in with information that is simply wrong.

GobbleNut

Just remember,...some folks that get this virus are going to DIE.  If you wish to ignore that fact and go about your business, then face the reality that YOU or someone very close to you, might DIE because of your denial of the reality of what we are experiencing.  Personally, I am willing to change my behavior for a while to hopefully insure that does not happen to my family, friends, or ME.  Be frivolous about this at your own risk, my friends!

wvhoyt19

I too had it. I wear my mask 99% of the time while in public places as does my family. My son must have been exposed at school and brought it home to me. Our symptoms were "mild" and we have recovered well. We still do not have our sense of smell or taste. We did however pause our lives and quarantined the recommended time so that we would not continue to spread it. I thank God for keeping us healthy and I pray that he will do the same for you all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom007

Quote from: wvhoyt19 on November 30, 2020, 04:01:22 PM
I too had it. I wear my mask 99% of the time while in public places as does my family. My son must have been exposed at school and brought it home to me. Our symptoms were "mild" and we have recovered well. We still do not have our sense of smell or taste. We did however pause our lives and quarantined the recommended time so that we would not continue to spread it. I thank God for keeping us healthy and I pray that he will do the same for you all!

Great to hear you are getting better. Good move, we quarantined too. We have hopefully our final test this Thursday. I had no symptoms, so if I get a negative test Thursday, I will get the anti-body test. We have pretty much kept to ourselves during this pandemic. I did not want to add to possible spreading, we are thankful my wife's symptoms were not as bad as others. We will prevail with this, be safe...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Solo hunter"

Jmarek

I was exposed to Covid while Axis deer hunting in Texas the last week of September. I developed a headache and a cough both lasted only
a few days -  tested positive until the third week of October and am fine now. My friend in Texas spent all of October in the Hospital and
12 days on a ventilator and is now home doing Physical therapy - he lost over 40 lbs and is just now starting to be able to walk on his own.
This virus hits people differently and you never know how hard. I feel I was lucky it's not something to play around with

captpete

Quote from: sasquatch1 on November 29, 2020, 04:49:01 PM
Quote from: captpete on November 29, 2020, 08:55:00 AM
Quote from: howl on November 28, 2020, 09:30:26 PM
Nothing to it unless you already have a bad problem. The worst thing is the medical community is making it worse by trying to make everything covid and route everyone to the hospital. People aren't getting the care they need because their providers are just trying to find a covid positive. Good luck getting treatment for something non-covid if they get a positive result on one of those dubious tests. Everything has to be the Rona 'cause that's where the funding is. Government interference and the American Medical Association monopoly are making this all so much worse than it would have been otherwise.

As time goes on this has to stop as everyone realizes what a hoax it has been.

Really??  Tell that to my co-worker and his family. His 66 year old sister who was healthy with no under lying conditions, lost her sense of taste and smell. 7 days later she passed away after spending 5 days in the hospital, 2 of those days on a ventilator.

Tom007 glad to hear you and your wife are doing good.

Sorry for your friend, it's tragic I'm sure.

However I don't think the answer is to cripple the country and break many more people than the Covid is harming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I agree with you about crippling the country, but it's pretty apparent that there are a lot of people that think this is a hoax or nothing to worry about. It sucks for those of us that do take it serious, use precautions and are trying to keep from catching/spreading it. We pay the price for somebody else's don't care attitude, by having businesses shut down/closed, people needing unemployment, etc.

My wife works in a grocery store. Several times a week she will see people that have Covid, has been exposed or a family member has it. Instead of quarantining, they are out shopping, eating at restaurants, etc.

sasquatch1

Quote from: captpete on December 01, 2020, 07:11:33 AM
Quote from: sasquatch1 on November 29, 2020, 04:49:01 PM
Quote from: captpete on November 29, 2020, 08:55:00 AM
Quote from: howl on November 28, 2020, 09:30:26 PM
Nothing to it unless you already have a bad problem. The worst thing is the medical community is making it worse by trying to make everything covid and route everyone to the hospital. People aren't getting the care they need because their providers are just trying to find a covid positive. Good luck getting treatment for something non-covid if they get a positive result on one of those dubious tests. Everything has to be the Rona 'cause that's where the funding is. Government interference and the American Medical Association monopoly are making this all so much worse than it would have been otherwise.

As time goes on this has to stop as everyone realizes what a hoax it has been.

Really??  Tell that to my co-worker and his family. His 66 year old sister who was healthy with no under lying conditions, lost her sense of taste and smell. 7 days later she passed away after spending 5 days in the hospital, 2 of those days on a ventilator.

Tom007 glad to hear you and your wife are doing good.

Sorry for your friend, it's tragic I'm sure.

However I don't think the answer is to cripple the country and break many more people than the Covid is harming.

I agree with you about crippling the country, but it's pretty apparent that there are a lot of people that think this is a hoax or nothing to worry about. It sucks for those of us that do take it serious, use precautions and are trying to keep from catching/spreading it. We pay the price for somebody else's don't care attitude, by having businesses shut down/closed, people needing unemployment, etc.

My wife works in a grocery store. Several times a week she will see people that have Covid, has been exposed or a family member has it. Instead of quarantining, they are out shopping, eating at restaurants, etc.

Freedom isn't free! However once it's gone we'd be begging for it at any cost with no way or rights to gain it back.

PalmettoRon

I don't think treating COVID as the serious public health issue that it is and yet pushing to keep places of work open, schools open, places of worship open as long as mitigation measures are followed, is a mutually exclusive issue. I personally wear a mask when I have to go out. I avoid crowds. I don't dine in or outdoors for that matter. I wash my hands a lot which is tough on the skin as it is getting colder. COVID is not a hoax. If it were, this would be quite the worldwide conspiracy. What would be the point of wrecking the economy? If it's a hoax, what is Trump's role in it? He was hospitalized with COVID not long ago. It is a real deal. It affects people differently. Many folks have little to no symptoms while others have been terribly sick and even died who were otherwise healthy. The reason is that this is not simply a respiratory illness, but can be a systemic vascular inflammatory illness affecting multiple organs. We all need to do our part to lower the spread, but I agree we need to be careful allowing governors to unilaterally issue decrees without any legislative input. I choose to worship at home and virtually, but NO governor should be able to void Constitutionally granted freedoms. We should question any governor who decides you can't buy paint, can't go boating, can't go hiking in a state park, etc. COVID has been here since late February to early March, any decision to drastically limit our ability to work, worship, educate or recreate should only be made with legislative deliberation, not by some governor no matter how well intentioned.

idgobble

Quote from: PalmettoRon on December 01, 2020, 02:06:40 PM
I don't think treating COVID as the serious public health issue that it is and yet pushing to keep places of work open, schools open, places of worship open as long as mitigation measures are followed, is a mutually exclusive issue. I personally wear a mask when I have to go out. I avoid crowds. I don't dine in or outdoors for that matter. I wash my hands a lot which is tough on the skin as it is getting colder. COVID is not a hoax. If it were, this would be quite the worldwide conspiracy. What would be the point of wrecking the economy? If it's a hoax, what is Trump's role in it? He was hospitalized with COVID not long ago. It is a real deal. It affects people differently. Many folks have little to no symptoms while others have been terribly sick and even died who were otherwise healthy. The reason is that this is not simply a respiratory illness, but can be a systemic vascular inflammatory illness affecting multiple organs. We all need to do our part to lower the spread, but I agree we need to be careful allowing governors to unilaterally issue decrees without any legislative input. I choose to worship at home and virtually, but NO governor should be able to void Constitutionally granted freedoms. We should question any governor who decides you can't buy paint, can't go boating, can't go hiking in a state park, etc. COVID has been here since late February to early March, any decision to drastically limit our ability to work, worship, educate or recreate should only be made with legislative deliberation, not by some governor no matter how well intentioned.

Governors have "Emergency Powers" and don't have to wait for the legislature to deliberate.

Hooksfan

I'm glad you and the wife got through it with minimal issues.
I spent 9 days in the hospital (8 of them in the Covid ICU Ward).
I spent my 52nd birthday in the hospital with no major health issues other than manageable Diabetes.
I was on 8 liters oxygen and O2 levels dropping in the lower 80s.
I received a plasma infusion and was on steroids and Remdizivir.
At my worst point I was running 103 fever and I couldn't even stand up. Thank God, I never went on a vent.
I lost 35 pounds in two weeks. That was in late August/ early September and I am just now feeling close to normal.
I missed the first three weeks of my teaching job.
Do I believe this has been politicized? Absolutely.
Do I believe the response in many instances has been worse than the pandemic? Yep
Do I believe kids should be IN school? Absolutely
Do I live my life in fear? NEVER
But....do I believe Covid is for real? You bet I do!
I thank God for his mercy and grace and I would still feel that way even if I hadn't made it.

silvestris

All thanks due to Bill Gates, Anthony Fauci and the communist Chinese.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game