OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

COVID Result

Started by Tom007, November 28, 2020, 12:07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom007

Hope all is well with everyone. On Monday, 11-9 my wife lost her sense of taste and smell. She felt a bit lethargic , and had a mild headache. We got her tested, and she did have COVID. All in all, she didn't feel too bad. We are lucky. She feels great now, her senses came back. I never got any symptoms, we both quarantined together. We are going this Thursday to be retested, we feel 100%.  I hoping my Type O blood kept me from developing symptoms. I was probably asymptomatic.  We got lucky, I am glad it's behind us now. I wish you all well, stay safe, stay healthy.
"Solo hunter"

Ozarks Hillbilly

Glad to hear that you are both doing well. Same story with my wife and I.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Tom007

Amen my friend, thanks and be safe.....
"Solo hunter"

Greg Massey

Glad both of you are doing good ... prayers

Turkeytider

Great to hear!! I`m in the medical administration field. All we do and have done since March is hold the line and fight the virus. Nice to hear about happy endings!

Tom007

Quote from: Greg Massey on November 28, 2020, 02:57:51 PM
Glad both of you are doing good ... prayers

Thanks so much my friend. Be well, be safe, thank you
"Solo hunter"

Tom007

Quote from: Turkeytider on November 28, 2020, 03:19:33 PM
Great to hear!! I`m in the medical administration field. All we do and have done since March is hold the line and fight the virus. Nice to hear about happy endings!
[/quote

Thank you so much for all you do. We will beat this because of your efforts, be well, be safe and thank you very much.....
"Solo hunter"

howl

Nothing to it unless you already have a bad problem. The worst thing is the medical community is making it worse by trying to make everything covid and route everyone to the hospital. People aren't getting the care they need because their providers are just trying to find a covid positive. Good luck getting treatment for something non-covid if they get a positive result on one of those dubious tests. Everything has to be the Rona 'cause that's where the funding is. Government interference and the American Medical Association monopoly are making this all so much worse than it would have been otherwise.

As time goes on this has to stop as everyone realizes what a hoax it has been.

idgobble

Quote from: howl on November 28, 2020, 09:30:26 PM
Nothing to it unless you already have a bad problem. The worst thing is the medical community is making it worse by trying to make everything covid and route everyone to the hospital. People aren't getting the care they need because their providers are just trying to find a covid positive. Good luck getting treatment for something non-covid if they get a positive result on one of those dubious tests. Everything has to be the Rona 'cause that's where the funding is. Government interference and the American Medical Association monopoly are making this all so much worse than it would have been otherwise.

100% Completely uninformed BS.

Tom007, Glad to hear you're both doing well.

Tom007

Thanks so much, I am glad we got by it. Your well wishes greatly appreciated. Be well, be safe....The springs woods in 2021 will be a breath of fresh air for all of us.....
"Solo hunter"

captpete

Really??  Tell that to my co-worker and his family. His 66 year old sister who was healthy with no under lying conditions, lost her sense of taste and smell. 7 days later she passed away after spending 5 days in the hospital, 2 of those days on a ventilator.

Tom007 glad to hear you and your wife are doing good.

PalmettoRon

You are completely misinformed or choose to comment on something you have minimal knowledge of. I am a retired physician, but still have family and friends in the medical field. You need a little field trip to see a 29 yr old strapping man fighting to live on a ventilator. I will acknowledge that most young people have few if any symptoms. I will also acknowledge that even healthy older folks in their 50's, 60's and early 70's usually do well, but you are delusional to paint this as a hoax. Your assertion that hospitals and physicians are benefitting from COVID is ridiculous. It is absolutely wrecking some hospitals and medical practices. The government does reimburse more money if a patient has COVID which is a decision made by this current administration, however the revenue lost by physician practices and hospitals during COVID pales in comparison to any bump given for a COVID diagnosis. Stay tuned for what is soon to follow. My family accepted the risk to see our 3 kids and spouses over Thanksgiving, but the net result of people like us taking this risk is that we are going to see a tremendous surge in cases, hospitalizations and deaths. I hope you continue to stay healthy, but treat this like a hoax going forward and you may regret that there is nothing to it. The physicians are trying their very best to keep COVID positive patients out of the hospital, not in it. Money is made doing surgery and procedures which are done when needed, not to make a buck. The reimbursement for taking care of a nonsurgical patient is not a lucrative proposition. The vast majority of physicians do what is needed, nothing more, nothing less and nothing else. You tar physicians like some do the police. There's always a bad apple in every profession probably even yours. And BTW, I'm no hand wringing liberal. I even voted for Trump based on most of his policies. Where you come up with your opinions on COVID is your business, but you are way off base.Good luck brother.

NCL

What seems to be scary about this virus is the range of effects different individuals experience. I have four friends/ acquaintances that tested positive for the virus of the two spoken to directly one was sick for only a few days, but still has a cough four weeks later, the other was sick for about 9 days with fly/cold like symptoms, both of these individuals are in their 50's, one man one women. The other two, a man and wife both in the 60's, I have not spoke to directly but the husband was in the hospital for 11 days the wife sick at home for a few days. There probably is a medical explanation for the wide range of effects. Hopefully all are in the flu/sold like effects. 

sasquatch1

Quote from: captpete on November 29, 2020, 08:55:00 AM

Really??  Tell that to my co-worker and his family. His 66 year old sister who was healthy with no under lying conditions, lost her sense of taste and smell. 7 days later she passed away after spending 5 days in the hospital, 2 of those days on a ventilator.

Tom007 glad to hear you and your wife are doing good.

Sorry for your friend, it's tragic I'm sure.

However I don't think the answer is to cripple the country and break many more people than the Covid is harming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tom007

Thanks for all the well wishes, it means a lot. We will all get by this, hopefully with minimal or no more loss of life. It definitely affects people different, I am blessed that my wife is ok. She has a lower immune  system. I worried about her if she got it. I met her in high school in 1977, we have been together ever since. She is my life. I wish you all a safe, healthy, happy Holiday season......
"Solo hunter"