turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Cerakote and dip

Started by 10gaugemag, October 12, 2020, 05:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

10gaugemag

Going to try and stick this here since the firearms forum isn't getting much action right now.

I have decided to get the nasty Duratouch issue fixed on my Browning Gold but I am not waiting until spring to get the gun back so I have decided I would have the stocks dipped and the metal Cerakoted.

Right now I am leaning towards MOBL camo on the stocks and then have the metal coated in Midnight Bronze.

Another thought is Realtree Timber with either Tungsten or Sniper Grey.

I have a couple of other camo/color schemes in mind but these are my 2 main schemes right now.

Do any of you guys have the 2 tone schemes going on your rigs?

Pics?

wchadw

I had this one done by Carolina custom graphics

Muddy water? I think cerakote and greenleaf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ozarks Hillbilly

870SM Max Gobbler
Original Bottomland
Magpul OD green

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

3bailey3

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

310 gauge

Nice job on all of those Men! How many Benjamin's does that set you back? I have a couple of prime prospects for a face lift!

310 gauge

Searched some sites and got prices.  Not bad for the outcome!

wchadw

Quote from: 310 gauge on October 13, 2020, 02:30:58 PM
Nice job on all of those Men! How many Benjamin's does that set you back? I have a couple of prime prospects for a face lift!
Think it was $250. Send it to someone that comes highly recommended . I sent mine to a random guy from north Mississippi. Guys name was Greer. Worst dip job I've ever seen. Paid to get it redone. Would have been a lot cheaper if I had sent it to Carolina graphics the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gmed

870 compact 20 gauge. Burnt bronze and Epic camo...

10gaugemag

I got the stock and forearm back from TarJac. I removed the Duratouch that had started turning sticky and also removed the old camo film.

Had TarJac redip in the original Mossy Oak New Break Up, looks as good or better than factory. I think I will leave this gun all camo and get my 11-87 coated and stocks dipped instead.

I am thinking of either coyote tan Cerakote and Original Bottomland or Midnight Bronze and True Timber Strata.

nativeks

Buddy of mine does excellent cerakote work. He has done an AR for me, and several for family members. Between duck and turkey season he is going to get my Beretta 390 for a cerakote job as my dip is well worn.
https://chargerarms.com/cerakote/long-gun-cerakote