Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How many miles did you travel hunting turkeys this year?

Started by WyoHunter, May 18, 2011, 05:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which mileage category do you fall into?

0 - 250
251 - 750
751 - 1500
1500 - 3000
3001 - 4500
Over 4500

WyoHunter

How many miles did you travel this year in pursuit of the wild turkey?  :cowboy:
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

WVhuntEER

60 miles for my first out of state bird this year.  Less than a mile for my biggest one.   ;)

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

HogBiologist

Certified Wildlife Biologist

mmusso

...too damn many, and I didn't even go out of state! But I'm already counting down til next year!!  ;D

TRKYHTR

CA to MS and back. CA to SD then to WY and then to NE and back to Rapid Cit SD and back home to CA. A long long ways.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

hobbes

Assuming your talking round trip....my IL trip was 2400 miles alone, NE will push me over 3000, and adding in the back and forth for CO, I'm sure I'll be between 3500 and 4000.

whitelightning

I put 2500 miles on my truck going to FL this year and 3500 miles local 6000 miles total and I still have a week and a half.  By local I mean DE, MD, NJ, and PA. Which is why I drive my Firebird when I hunt local.  Average 30 mpg.  I couldn't hunt nearly as much if I was driving my truck all the time.

gobb-lemon

You need a 0 and under if you walk from your back porch...If you hear one and if you dont....
I go back to bed. :lol: 

Sherrell

6,500 miles driving.....Georgia,Florida and New Mexico.

Spring_Woods

Approx 4k. One state. I put so many miles on cause we moved in january and most of my spots were 40-60 miles away.
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

neal

So many I am getting a new truck next week!! The day after turkey season is done in WI
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

Fullfan

Funny you should ask that, I tool my 10 year old hunting toningt and just happen to check my milage. I started on 04/04 goint from Pa to Tn, then from Pa to Mo. And around home I have logged 4955 miles
Don't gobble at me...

BOFF

20 miles one way, from my driveway to the woods.  :gobble:

God Bless,
David B.

MKMGOBL

Between WV, NH & VT, I'm around the 2000 mile marker & I'm still not done. If I can tag two gobblers this weekend, I think I might have to fix that God like voice saying, "come on over & hunt NY MKMGOBL" ;D
"Luck Happens When Preparation Meets Opportunity"