OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

12ga or 20 ga fot turkeys

Started by kyhareraiser, February 13, 2011, 01:47:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

headshot870

This will be my 3rd season with my NEF 20ga.  I haven't even thought about humpin' the 12ga Remmy 870 around since I switched. Just under 5.5# vs. just over 9# (both w/optics)...178 pellets in 10" @ 40 from the 20ga vs. 204 from the 12ga...for the minor pellet difference, I'll go w/ the 20ga all day long. I hunt woods birds on public land that varies from steep to really steep to friggin' vertical! I love that little thumper :z-flirtysmile3:.

Be safe, grab a 20 & have a great season,

Nathan

TANK

I don't have anything against 20 gauges, but I like my Browning Silver NWTF 3.5 12 gauge. I slayed 4 with "Ol Moses last year......

TANK

Quote from: TANK on February 14, 2011, 08:53:26 PM
I don't have anything against 20 gauges, but I like my Browning Silver NWTF 3.5 12 gauge. I slayed 4 with "Ol Moses" last year......

surehuntsalot

I have a Mossberg 835 that I have used  for years and still will use it from time to time,but I have set up my son's 870 youth to try it for turkeys and the rest is history
I love that light and handy gun,it don't shoot to bad either
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Gobble!

TrkyHntr

I used a 12ga ever since I started hunting turkeys. Last year after season was over I bought a Remington 870 20ga. The 20ga patterns awesome and it will be the only gun I carry to the woods this year.

Shane
He's big enough to ride in my truck!

J Gilbert

I used my 20 for one bird and my 12 for another last year, but this year the 20 is the dedicated turkey smasher.  I've got it setup with a red dot, an Indian Creek choke and some TSS 9's, my pattern from this setup blows away anything I've had from the 12 or with the 20 last season

gobbler336

i too am a 12 to 20 ga convert, tss has made that possible.  i don't feel like i am handicapping myself at all.

S.C.C