OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Any crossbow hunters?

Started by WNCTracker, December 14, 2015, 05:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WNCTracker

Thinking I might try my Barnett predator in the spring. Any broad head suggestions for a 375 FPS crossbow?  Was thinking of using bloodrunners.

turkeyfoot

Use one with big cutting diameter bigger is better with turkeys gobbler guillotine is good one for compound not sure how will do in X-Bow

dirt road ninja

Whatever you are currently using for deer should be adequate.

owlhoot

Quote from: turkeyfoot on December 22, 2015, 12:23:02 PM
Use one with big cutting diameter bigger is better with turkeys gobbler guillotine is good one for compound not sure how will do in X-Bow
Two friends of mine used them with their 10point X bows and had great success cutting necks. They used the smaller ones , said they flew better.

Gobble!

I shoot a Excalibur Matrix 380. Killed several deer with my old equinox, 350 fps, with swhackers. Decided to try rage this year and I won't shoot another. Both deer I shot had entry holes right where you want them but the heads hit something that caused them to come out the guts. I got some of the NAP killzones and I hope to put one of them through a deer yet.

Dr Juice

albrubacker

I have been considering it. But then I think about how expensive the arrows are. Just can't bring myself to do it.
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

dejake

NAP Gobbler Getters.  They're just like the spitfires, but have a rounded point.

allchokedup

I'll be using the NAP Crossbow Killzones.

JLH

Wasp jak hammers are excellent heads....shoot great out of my excal micro, and hurt turkeys bad!
1 3/4" 3 blade is devestating on deer and turkeys.

Flounder

Been huntin with a xbow for 4 years now. Best advice isle to practice shooting a turkey target. Most broadheads will work. We all have our favorites. Mine in Grim Reapers. But eat and sleep his vitals.
Draw you a target or buy one of the.highest dollar 3 dsl. Practice, practice.
Marlon

Jwall

I bought a micro to turkey hunt with this year but still trying to decide what broad head to use myself. Excal says use 150 gr but most aren't that heavy and I don't want to purchase inserts for my bolts yet.

JLH

Quote from: Jwall on March 09, 2016, 12:41:39 PM
I bought a micro to turkey hunt with this year but still trying to decide what broad head to use myself. Excal says use 150 gr but most aren't that heavy and I don't want to purchase inserts for my bolts yet.

After messing around with a couple different arrow combinations....what I have now is an absolute tack driver out of my micro.

I'm shooting a 15.5" zombie slayer with 92gr. Brass insert and 125 grain wasp jak hammers..it's murder on deer and turkeys.