turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Benelli SBE 3 20 gauge

Started by Greenhead12, March 19, 2023, 06:49:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greenhead12

Does anyone have a Benelli SBE 3 20? if so how does it pattern for you.

Gobbler428

Yes, SBE 3. 20ga, 26in Rob Roberts 555 choke. Apex #9's @ 40yds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greenhead12

Quote from: Gobbler428 on March 19, 2023, 09:06:01 AM
Yes, SBE 3. 20ga, 26in Rob Roberts 555 choke. Apex #9's @ 40yds

Nice pattern! Do you have a red dot on it? How is the POI? I would like to buy one, just seem to be a lot of reports shooting very high POI

Gobbler428

Yes, I have a Vortex Venom mounted on a Meadow Creek rail mount. I never shot it without the red dot but it did not take long to zero it in with the Vortex Venom and it shoots dead on where you place that dot. Be aware that the 20ga does not come drilled and taped like the 12ga SBE3 and Benelli does not recommend drilling and taping them - thus the rail mount which works great for me.

MOGobbler

It will shoot high out of the box. It has shims that allow to adjust POI. I changed my POI depending of I was wing shooting or turkey hunting. I ended up ordering an extra top cap for the receiver and having Sumtoy drill and tap it for a reflex. Now I just have to switch it out the top cap depending on what I'm hunting. It's a shooter though.

sasquatch1

Quote from: MOGobbler on March 19, 2023, 02:32:07 PM
It will shoot high out of the box. It has shims that allow to adjust POI. I changed my POI depending of I was wing shooting or turkey hunting. I ended up ordering an extra top cap for the receiver and having Sumtoy drill and tap it for a reflex. Now I just have to switch it out the top cap depending on what I'm hunting. It's a shooter though.
Shims do not change the alignment of the barrel and or bead

They change how the gun naturally points for you. You put that gun on a rest, line up the bead and back bead or rib correctly and the gun will shoot the same POI no matter what shim is in it

If a shim changed your guns POI it did nothing but change the fact that your form was off with the previous shim. Essentially forcing you to naturally point it better vs having to get down on the gun that didn't line up and make it naturally line up better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lcmacd 58

+1 on the Rob Roberts tube .  They are the real deal.

BandedSpur

I've looked at hundreds and hundreds of 40 yard patterns and have never seen one that tight. Looks like most 20 yard patterns. Definitely too tight for me.

Fullfan

Quote from: BandedSpur on March 25, 2023, 08:02:19 AM
I've looked at hundreds and hundreds of 40 yard patterns and have never seen one that tight. Looks like most 20 yard patterns. Definitely too tight for me.

No doubt.  No way that is 40
Don't gobble at me...

Gobbler428

BandedSpur and Fullfan-you guys are right. My bad. The pattern was 25yds and was shot two years ago and I didn't label it. Just pulled the first one I found. Attached to this post is the correct 40yd target