turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Tri star viper g2 20

Started by knightrider, February 18, 2023, 10:53:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

knightrider

The manual says only 23/4 7/8 ounce and 3 1 1/4ounce loads? This is supposed to be a dedicated turkey gun? Every one i see is shooting 15/8 loads in them? So do i have a $700 pistol grip skeet gun or what?

Rockhound

Mine shot my handloads fine at 1-5/8 oz

Bluesman

Quote from: knightrider on February 18, 2023, 10:53:38 AM
The manual says only 23/4 7/8 ounce and 3 1 1/4ounce loads? This is supposed to be a dedicated turkey gun? Every one i see is shooting 15/8 loads in them? So do i have a $700 pistol grip skeet gun or what?

I have the same gun.  I just got in a Indian Creek #13 for it. So I have high expectations this year for this gun.  It was purchased as a dedicated turkey gun.  I like it for the money.  I got it late last season. 

That being said, I can't understand what you are  trying to say in the first sentence.  What does "23/4 7/8 ounce and 3 1 1/4 ounce loads" I just don't understand that sentence.  I think you are referring to the shot load, but I am not sure.  Please clarify.  I don't want a $700 pistol grip skeet gun either. 
Thanks!

Borden811

He's saying the manual states to use 2 3/4" 7/8oz to 3" 1 1/4oz loads in the gun.

JohnD.

The resident expert on SGW said Armsan(maker of Tristar) does not test they're 20 gauge guns with anything over an ounce and a quarter. There has been some failures by using 1 1/2 oz. loads. I have a Viper and limit my turkey shells to 1 1/4. Hope this helps.

John