turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

OG BONEY Spotted On YouTube

Started by 10th Legionaire, March 22, 2024, 09:49:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joey46

Yes the ship has sailed.  Time to get over it.   Really no longer matters what caused it the reality is we need to accept more quota hunts and reduced bag limits.  I still shake my head over some states with seemingly the most whiners allowing three bird resident limits on public land.

deerhunt1988

Quote from: joey46 on Today at 10:50:46 AMYes the ship has sailed.  Time to get over it.

Or try to fight and preserve the remaining opportunities we have for the next generation. How are we going to maintain hunter numbers if they have nowhere to hunt?

joey46

If you are going to quote use the entire quote please.

deerhunt1988

Quote from: joey46 on Today at 11:00:48 AMIf you are going to quote use the entire quote please.

LOL. Nice try but you edited your post and adding the last part after i'd already quoted.

Paulmyr

Quote from: deerhunt1988 on Today at 10:48:39 AM
Quote from: Paulmyr on Today at 10:42:51 AM
Quote from: deerhunt1988 on Today at 10:30:05 AM
Quote from: Paulmyr on June 01, 2024, 04:41:15 PMMs limited non resident because of the influx of new hunters after the season changes in surrounding states and because its neighboring state Arkansas does a poor job of managing its habitat for turkeys and barely has season but I'm sure your aware of that fact.

The MS influx of non-residents actually started BEFORE all the season pushbacks in surrounding states. It just so happens the NR license sales began to explode once the YouTube era kicked off. With NR turkey permit sales nearly doubling from 2018 to 2021. Thankfully MS got the NR quota in place right as other states pushed their seasons back.

Covid?

Never quite understood this excuse. Even the YouTuber's have finally quit using it.

Yeah, COVID gave people more time to turkey hunt. But did COVID influence someone to travel to specific states and regions recently highlighted on YouTube and social media?

Or maybe it's because those states have earlier season start dates than theirs and with all the free time why not go?
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

joey46

So many of these post are blatantly selfish. Oh boo hoo I now have to share my once secret public land with other legal hunters.  Too bad.  Life goes on.  If only we could ban YouTube and non-residents things would return to the 1980s. Lol.

Paulmyr

Quote from: deerhunt1988 on Today at 10:24:18 AM
Quote from: Paulmyr on June 01, 2024, 04:41:15 PMWhatever!

You were bad mouthing Richard Martinez the "Volunteer" Chairman of the Backwater Hunters and Anglers. A group dedicated to introducing new hunters and fisherman to the possibilities available if your not rich and/or don't own land. They are well aware of the battle for lost hunting privileges due to political pressure from antis's.

I quit supporting BHA years ago after it became obvious their main goal was R3. More specifically recruiting as many new hunters as possible. Which benefits them and the industry more than the public land hunter. They were too focused on "Pint Nights" rather than actual projects to benefit public lands. They've had a bit of a reorganization in the past year or so which I hope will get them back on the right path.

The Hunt Quietly podcast recently took a nice dive into BHA and confirmed my suspicions. Good listen and let me know I made the correct choice by quitting to support them years ago. Episode 116.

https://www.huntquietly.org/podcast

God forbid an organization follows through with it's one of its stated goals of introducing new people to the outdoors and hunting and fishing!
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.