turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Stepson got #1 for the year

Started by turkeyhunter91, April 07, 2019, 08:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeyhunter91

Yesterday we hunted almost all day only stopping to get some gas and grab a bite to eat. I was proud of him for wanting to stay with it so hard and not getting discouraged even when we had some guys drive up and park in a neighboring field watching the turkeys we had out in front of us and they ended up spooking them before they finally drove on off. This morning we were set up and settled in the blind about an hr before daylight. As soon as we got quite I could hear 1 drumming right over the bank from us. About 30 mins later they slowly started waking up and there ended up being several gobbling around below us, Connor was shaking like a leaf and breathing hard, i kept telling him Just relax and breath haha. I saw a couple that I think was hens fly down behind us and I was afraid the toms was going to fly that way as well but 1 flew down up on the hill above us. He was working up the hill but out the ridge towards us when I heard the 1 that had been drumming beside us fly down. he landed about 35 yards below us and went to walking out the hill right in front of the blind. I told Connor to get ready, they kinda acted spooky so I told him go ahead and shoot when he stops. I called a couple times and connor rolled him. He crawled under the blind and ran down to his bird. It had a 10 3/8 in beard 1 in spurs and weighted 23 pound 11 ounces. This bird made his 9th turkey that he has killed and I am really proud of how he has grown as a hunter. He trys his best and holds his head up even when things aren't working out for us.

oakraidia

Congrats to you and your stepson!

Sent from my KFSUWI using Tapatalk

tomstopper

Congrats to Connor and you as well

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Ozarks Hillbilly

Congrats to you both

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Clydetaylor1

Congratulations.  Looks like a happy young man. !!!!!

BKnisley

What a bird! Congratulations to you and Connor!

boomer

Congrats

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

FANMAN

Great job Connor, congratulations on your bird!!

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase