OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

any glasses wearers use neck gaitors or tube face masks?

Started by WNCTracker, February 07, 2017, 12:01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WNCTracker

Ok I'm bumping this because this weekend I hunted in the lowcountry and had ZERO FOGGING using the el cheap, easily available, HS Strut 3/4 mesh mask you can get at wal mart, tractor supply, dicks etc. I have tried so many over the last few years including bunkerhead which was my previous best but this one takes the cake because it's so simple. Sometimes the best is the simplest.....No wires or extra stuff to get in the way. Simple. Cheap effective. If you are looking for a fog free face cover and don't want to paint your face then flip over your couch cushions and gather the $4.99 to get one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbcoach

I had a buddy that wore glasses and he hunted with me last year.  He wore the full facemask and kept complaining that his glasses were always fogging up.  It would really happen when we were running and gunning and when it was cold in the morning.  I always carry two sets of gloves and masks with me so I gave him one of my 3/4 mesh masks and his problem was solved.

MickT

Anything you pull over your nose will fog. It traps all your breath and it comes up the side of your nose, fogging your glasses. I don't wear a mask over my nose and breathe through my nose and my glasses don't fog.

WNCTracker

Quote from: MickT on March 26, 2017, 05:55:22 PM
Anything you pull over your nose will fog. It traps all your breath and it comes up the side of your nose, fogging your glasses. I don't wear a mask over my nose and breathe through my nose and my glasses don't fog.

This goes over your nose. It doesn't fog. That was the point of my post. It's the only one I've ever used  that has worked 

Ozarks Hillbilly

Turkeyjerky

I fought the fogging glasses with tube masks for a few years. Now I wear the cheap hs strut 3/4 net with no problems.