turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Stoeger M3000 Turkey Gun - High POI / POA

Started by Eddie12, October 13, 2016, 12:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie12

I just recently purchased a new Stoeger M3000 with a pistol grip. Right out of the box with the factory turkey choke my point of impact was 10"-12" high and 2"-3" right at 30 yards using the Winchester Longbeard XR's #5 shot and I was not impressed with the pattern at all. I had read some reviews that the Stoeger's shot high but I wasn't expecting that much so I did some research and purchased an Indian Creek Black Diamond Strike .665 choke. Well what a difference that made however I am still shooting 6"-8" high and 1"-2" left at 30 yards but was very impressed with the pattern. I've owned all Remington and Mossberg shotguns in the past and they all shot point of aim right out of the box so I decided to give Stoeger a call. After speaking with one of their gunsmiths I was told the Stoeger's are made that way and that I needed to learn how to shoot the 6 o'clock hold method. The gentlemen also stated that most all Benelli's are the same way but more so with the Stoeger's. At this point I may try that method or just try a different sight of some sort. Any thoughts or suggestions from those who have owned these guns?

Thanks,
Eddie 
Stoeger M3000

Happy

Fiber optic sights or a scope of some sort. That would be my suggestion

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Eddie12

I have a Dead Ringer Beard Buster on my Mossberg and really like it so that's an option but again shooting that high I'm not convinced any fiber optic sight other than a red dot scope would help. Maybe some good ole Kentucky windage...lol
Stoeger M3000

Greg Massey

Quote from: Happy on October 13, 2016, 01:28:26 PM
Fiber optic sights or a scope of some sort. That would be my suggestion

agree, if you want to use the gun...who in the heat of battle, has time to think hold here or aim here.

1iagobblergetter

I have a few Benellis and had the same problems. I experimented with different choke and shell combinations until my poa/poi was on. Something about even using a scope or some type of sights didn't set well with me to correct it so I kept experimenting with mine. Not sure I'll buy anymore of them because of that fact and just hoping by chance I get one that shoots straight. Goodluck...

OHturkey85

I have an older m2000 which is similar to the m3000 I installed tru glo fiber optics and a heavy shot choke shooting magnum blend it shoots awesome the fiber optics should lower your sight pattern

wvmntnhick

I'll second a new sighting system. You may forget about the 6 o'clock hold when the moment of truth comes and the adrenalin is pumping.

Eddie12

Just for reference here are my last two shots on this target. Thanks for all of the replies I appreciate it. A new sight is a must at this point...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stoeger M3000

Happy

Yup. Would day new sights are a must. There are plenty of adjustable fiber optics that mount on your rib. Also there are scopes and dot scopes. I am a dot fan myself but some guys still prefer the  more open look that open sights give.
Good luck and it will shoot just fine when you are done.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club