turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

yukkutz hunt. easter 2016 ocellated turkeys

Started by woodshopteacher, June 30, 2015, 12:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodshopteacher

Just curious if any members are hunting ocellated birds with yukkutz during Easter week 2016. March 27- April 1. I'm booked during this time. It would be cool if another old gobbler member was in camp that week too.

neal

Going after Goulds next year but Ocellated 2017 and this place is at the top of my list, interested to hear how it goes for you. Good luck!

Neal
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

slayerrd

I'm in the same boat. I'm going for Goulds next year and then hopefully Ocellated in 2017. Yukkutz is at the top of my list.

woodshopteacher

Neil who are you going with for goulds. I just did goulds in may with El Corral. Slayerrd is going with them also i believe. I'll definitely post a recap of the trip when I get back. The months can't go by fast enough at least until September comes with hunting seasons. I hunt geese hard in the fall and winter. Once Jan ends and the season closes those 2 months waiting to go to yukkutz are going to drag lol.

longbeard56

I'm going right after you leave. I'll be there 4/3-4/8.
Hope you have a great hunt!
longbeard 56/Tenth Legionnaire
Tri-County Longbeards
NWTF Chapter
Southern NJ.

woodshopteacher

Hope you have a great trip to longbeard56. I'll try to leave ya one lol. Have you started planning your travel yet. I'm hoping to get in contact with other hunters going my week. Maybe fly down together and stay at the same motel. Can't wait to hunt down there!

neal

I'm going with Jay Scott for Goulds, and I'm sure I'll book yukkutz for Ocellated. Good luck to you guys.

Neal
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.