Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Sticky spray on type rubber coating / or whatever the coating

Started by Greg Massey, August 22, 2023, 11:43:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

Have any of you experienced this sticky problem with scopes. binoculars and rangefinders ...Why i ask the post about what Rangefinder to buy got me to thinking I've not looked at the one i have in years so the other day i got it out of the safe and the rubber type coating on the Rangefinder was like this sticky side of electrical tape... This is a Nikon RifleHunter 550 x 6 power and now you can't get this sticky thing out of your hands which in my opinion makes it useless ... What to do ?  If a fly or mosquito lands on it, it's doom... LOL....

roberthyman14

Rubbing alcohol a few times has helped mine.  Once it wore the sticky off it was fine

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

btodd00

I had a nikon buckmaster do the same thing, I always thought bug spray caused it. It never really wore off of mine just picked up so much sand and dirt that It was like a whole new type of grip in a year

Tom007

It's possible it has the same Dura-touch coating that Browning is is having problems with. I believe it was used on other things. Over time, breaks down and gets "gummy". The Browning Engineer told me it gets worse over time, turning into a "gluey" mess.
"Solo hunter"

2eagles

Try Googone. I used it with lots of elbow grease to remove the Duratouch on two Browning shotguns.