OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Best lead or copper plated round

Started by Browning4140, February 24, 2016, 08:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Browning4140

What is the best 12ga 3" non hevishot load in your personal opinion?

bbcoach

Winchester Longbeard XR's.  Very tight patterns though.

worth612000

I would have to vote L.B. XR, only if you shoot a 12ga, they are not offered for 20ga

wmn2

Izzyjoe

Win Lb's are leading the way in the lead loads, everyone else is playing catchup! I hope they don't screw them up or change the them.

Gobble!

No lead shell on the market can compete with the Winchester Long Beards.

mwr

Quote from: Gobble! on February 24, 2016, 11:41:03 PM
No lead shell on the market can compete with the Winchester Long Beards.
Fact.........

vt35mag

Quote from: Izzyjoe on February 24, 2016, 09:52:04 PM
I hope they don't screw them up or change the them.

That's why I bought 2 cases of them! That should last me many years.

BandedSpur

Depends on what range you expect to shoot your turkeys. If they are beyond 30 yds, I agree with everyone that said LBXR. Amazingly tight patterns for lead. If on the other hand, you truly have no intention of shooting at birds beyond 40 yards, you would be better served IMO with conventional Winch shells or Thugs.

TrackeySauresRex

Same as this ^ JMO. I like the Win HV. LB's are too tight for my liking.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Gobble!

Quote from: BandedSpur on February 25, 2016, 09:37:56 AM
Depends on what range you expect to shoot your turkeys. If they are beyond 30 yds, I agree with everyone that said LBXR. Amazingly tight patterns for lead. If on the other hand, you truly have no intention of shooting at birds beyond 40 yards, you would be better served IMO with conventional Winch shells or Thugs.

Good point.

Izzyjoe

Fed. turkey thugs are good with right choke combo, but my local Walmart hasn't stocked them yet, I'm not sure if they will, cause everything else is on the shelf and the clerk said they wasn't getting anything else.

stinkpickle

This.  ^^^

owlhoot

Quote from: stinkpickle on February 26, 2016, 12:50:38 PM

This.  ^^^
agree

surehuntsalot

I'm old school, at the range I shoot at, the Winchester XX and the Federal old school lead shells are hard to beat.
If I had a dollar for every bird that one of these shells had taken, I could have retired along time ago.
it's not the harvest,it's the chase