OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Fed Heavyweight 6's

Started by Spring Creek Calls, January 17, 2013, 05:23:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mightyjoeyoung

Just a heads up outdoors...no discussions of ANY shots over 40 yards on these boards.  That's why you didn't see a distance in my last post.  I like it here and want to stay here so I follow the owners' wishes.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

Old Gobbler

Not to bring up any sore subjects , but it was mentioned , so I will let you all know I never did have any rules on long shots here till about a year ago , when I noticed it was getting a bit out of control on the forum -

The long standing acceptable industry standard for responsible turkey shooting is 40 yards ,and most people are fine with that , it doesn't offend anyone , and causes no issues ever - The official sanctioned NWTF shoots are at 40 yards , that contest was designed to promote more ethical and clean kills , and the same goes for all our shotguns forums  , as responsible hunters we want to encourage each other to cleanly kill their game, thats the purpose of the shotguns forums -you guys do a great job helping each other attain that goal  - I dont know where to draw the line , 40 is the long standing standard, so there we have it  - any further than that then keep it to PMs or out of plain sight and all should be good 

I have no wish to be the longshot police of the forum - I am quite easy going , everyone has taken a shot {including me} paced it off  , and was wrong about the yardage , we are humans { not cyborgs with rangefinders built into  in our heads}we make errors , we also here take time and effort to have some gear that will compensate have we ever do our human thing -

--Shannon  :icon_thumright:
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon