Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

williams universal fire sight or Tru-Glo Magnum Pro Series?

Started by chipper, February 22, 2011, 08:46:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chipper

Thinking of buing a set for my 870, Whats the pros and cons of each and which one is the toughest?

BigPeck215

willliams fire sights, truglos are not even in the same ballpark as them, firesights are more durable and better made and if you happen to lose a piece as i did from forgetting to tighten down a windage screw all the way then they will replace it for free as they did for me, excellent customer service, also tried a set of truglos on my 870 deer gun and didn't last a season before the fiber optics broke

StruttinGobbler3

Have no experience with the firesights, although I've heard good reviews on them. I have a set of truglo magnum gobble dots on my supernova, and they seem to be a great addition so far. I have no complaints.
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

gobb-lemon

"SLUGGER" by Williams by far  they are the best.....IMO

woodchip

I put a set of Williams slugger sights on my 870 this year and they are great.   Easy to sight in and they are "on" there. 

joshua

I have always heard great things about the williams sights.   :anim_25:
Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

mike103

The plastic sights on mine and my brothers 11-87 Super Mag broke last year.

Replaced them with Williams sights. Heavy duty and customer service is outstanding.

That experience prompted me to buy a set for my Marlin 45/70.

n2deer

knightrider

i love my tru glo magnums they have been very durable and bright

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Reloader

I guess I'll have to go against the grain a bit.  I've had a few Williams sites and a few TGs.  On one of my williams sites the windage set screw broke off a portion of the ramp with very little torque and made the sight unuseable unless you went above or below that portion(where do you think I needed it set?). On another williams, the screw in the slot for windage broke the first time I tightened it.  I have two sets of Tru Glo Pro Series Magnum Gobble Dots and they have been very durable. I have put one set of the TGs through pure hell for years and the FOs have never broken.

I did break the front FO on a TG Muzzle Bright site in CO last year elk hunting after I shot my bull and things got alittle exciting for a bit. Haven't called TG about it, but from what I hear they will send new FOs for nothing.

Both TG and Williams put out good sights. The Williams sights are more bulky than TG, but certainly not more durable IMO.  Williams FOs are of larger diameter than TG and some may find that better for them.  I like smaller dia FOs on open sights personally.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: chipper on February 22, 2011, 08:46:45 PM
Thinking of buing a set for my 870, Whats the pros and cons of each and which one is the toughest?

I don't think you'd go wrong with either. Both are good durable products and I've had both on several guns over the years. Currently, I have the Truglo "Pro Series" (gun specific) on about 4 guns and have found them to hold zero and be very durable.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

slicksbeagles1

any of you guys have the williams on a super x2 if so which model number?

redleg06

Ive got the TG's on two of my guns and couldn't be happier with them.