OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

NEW LIFE FOR A OLD SCHOOL REMINGTON 1187 update 02/24/12

Started by GOLD HUNTER, September 01, 2011, 03:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLD HUNTER

Slicky, funny you say that, i loaded up 12 of the strikeloads 1 3/4 #6 last weekn too take to the range this week to try in the old 1187 with the kicks .660, love to see how they work out.

we got about 2 weeks b4 our fall turkey season starts.

i'll post after i try them in her  :icon_thumright:

brian

GOLD HUNTER

The new OLD Remington 1187 that I had bought earlier this year made it's first kill on Oct. 31 2011 and she likes the new life in the Va. woods. i may just keep the red/green dot scope on this gun it wooked great on getting on the birds heads.

HartClemson99

What a sweet gun! I hunted with a college professor back in '98 and i have wanted one ever since.  I am buddies with Jim Crumley and I would love to have that gun!  I recently found one recently in Bottomland that I'm looking forward to getting set up for this spring.  If you ever want to sell it, let me know!
"I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion" Tom Kelly, The Tenth Legion, 1973

WIRE PALADIN

Have gun will travel to your woods to hunt

gobbler74

Im curious as to how that I.C .665 will shoot in it. My greenleaf 870-and 1187 have the same barrel. Hope she shines.. :icon_thumright:
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

GOLD HUNTER

I got my new I.C. .665 this weekn for the 1187 and come March i'll be @ the range testing it out with my TSS 8 ball load  :icon_thumright:

brian

GOLD HUNTER

sold the  Kicks .660 GT choke to "unclerick"

thanks Rick

Brian

gob09

brian sorry about my mix up glad you guys made a deal,
rick i will make us up another back stop

GOLD HUNTER

WIRE PALADIN

brian

hope you have that gun ready by spring so i can shoot her, i will be in for the spring turkey camp.

btw...... what days are we all taking the camper and tents and setting them up and for how long you staying ?

pat  :chucknorris:
Have gun will travel to your woods to hunt

gobble157

Life long obsessed turkey hunting from the great state of Georgia!

23 more states to go!!! US Slam bound!

GOLD HUNTER

Quote from: WIRE PALADIN on December 03, 2011, 12:31:02 PM
brian

hope you have that gun ready by spring so i can shoot her, i will be in for the spring turkey camp.

btw...... what days are we all taking the camper and tents and setting them up and for how long you staying ?

pat  :chucknorris:

pat

i will be taking the 1187 to my gun guy in Jan.

we are pulling the camper to set up on april 20 and will stay 14 days, But the season opener is april 14.

Hope to see you there ...... you know were it is  :icon_thumright:

Brian

GOLD HUNTER

Guys the old girl is gettn a facelift, took of the old red/green dot scope off and taken her to get drilled and tapped for a base plate and rings for a scope.

i hope i get her back b4 our spring season !!!

brian

DKA