Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Could not take it any more (Pattern Pic added)

Started by davisd9, July 03, 2011, 12:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisd9

Shot it yesterday at 40 yards taped with Hevishot Mag Blends 5,6,7s 3" 2 oz load.  I got 176 in 10".  Was going to shoot again to see what it averaged but a storm was rolling in.  By the way, them Mag Blends will knock the fire out of you!  Will post a picture of the pattern later this afternoon.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

JUGHEAD

Quote from: davisd9 on July 25, 2011, 08:59:30 AMBy the way, them Mag Blends will knock the fire out of you!
I thought they were pretty tame myself compared to shooting 3" sabot slugs out of an 870.  Of course, I was shooting them out of a 935 though.  ;D

Congrats on your new rig pal.  I hope it works out great and that you kill a blue million turks with it.  By the way....I shot a Federal Heavyweight 1.5 oz #7 through that choke you sold me the other day and WOW!  It was tight, but the pattern was BAD NEWS!  I think I'm gonna stick with the RSF .570 and Hevi-13 7's when my son is using it, but it will be toting the SSX and Fed 7'S when I carry it!

WIRE PALADIN

Have gun will travel to your woods to hunt

davisd9

Pictures of the pattern.

[attachment deleted by admin]
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

chatterbox

Very nice, even pattern you have there! That will thump ol' tom every day! :icon_thumright:

surehuntsalot

fine looking hunting pattern
you're gonna love your 835
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

allaboutshooting

"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

trkehunr93

Nice gun.  Saw the same one at one of my local Wal-Marts, $327 is a great deal.  I don't think I'll ever part with my 835, it's devastating with the Star-Dot I bought from you and the Hevi-13 3.5" 7's.  Good luck with it! 

davisd9

Haven't had the time to pattern the 835 again since I am preparing for deer season.  Wanted to add a limbsaver before I did it again anyway.  Went to an outdoor store to waste time at lunch today and found the precision fit limbsaver for my gun for 29.99 so I picked it up.  Going to put the limbsaver on her tonight and hope to shoot her again soon. 

mossy835

You will like that Limbsaver recoil pad, it made a big difference for me.

tiggere

something else you might like is the Bear Tooth Comb Raising kit....mine came with stock spaces to adjust the length of pull and I can barely feel 2 3/4" shells through it...I added about an inch to the LOP and for sitting down it is perfect...I have the 28" version though and its a beast to run and gun with...

davisd9

Well for some reason the precision fit limbsaver did not fit my gun.  The screw holes were in different places, guess I will just stick with the pad on it.  I have been taking a beating this long, why fix what has worked!? 

pabossie255

Nice pattern hope my 835 dose as well I have no stardot went and bought a Primos jellyhead hear they work well mine is old woodland camo bought it used but it looked new in shape and paid 200.00 so I had to lose the new style camo that I wanted but could not pass on the price same gun different camo.

mossy835

Quote from: davisd9 on September 07, 2011, 07:12:18 AM
Well for some reason the precision fit limbsaver did not fit my gun.  The screw holes were in different places, guess I will just stick with the pad on it.  I have been taking a beating this long, why fix what has worked!?  
Did the pad come with a spacer? I had to add two holes to mount the spacer I believe and used the regular holes in the pad to mount the actual pad. Now that was a while ago so I might have it backwards. It looks to me like they (Mossberg) changed the stock. Call Limbsaver on the 800 number and they will help you out in fact they sent me a free new one.

877.257.2761 this is their number.

Mike