OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Dialing in reflex sight

Started by Goblen, March 10, 2021, 04:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goblen

I decided to dial in my reflex sight today. Started at 12 yards and got it at poa poi. Moved back to 40 yards and shot. It hit about 10 inches high. I adjusted the sight to bring it down. Its dead on at 40 and 30 yards. Those shooting reflex or scopes, does yours shoot lower up around 10 yards or so then 40 or 30 yards? This likely has to do more with the thickness of the mounting base. Or another way to say it. The distance from center bore to the center of the reticle.

Ozarks Hillbilly

No expert but I think with a shotgun the difference in poi would be very minimal at distances we shoot at once you have poa dialed in. 

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

mightyjoeyoung

All depends on how high off the receiver you have the sight mounted.  The higher the reticle is in relation to the bore, the LOWER it will shoot the closer you get to the target.  This is especially prevalent with extremely tight patterning guns.  I sight for dead on at 40.  I sight for the eyeball and know that if he's inside 10, the pattern is going to smack him just under his noggin.  I also try to mount sights as low as I possibly can to minimize the issue. 
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.