Channel or slot calls

Started by gwa, May 13, 2011, 07:56:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gwa

Does anyone make these anymore?

Thanks!

Denny E.

SC_WILDMAN

Is this the type calls you are talking about? If so they are still made. THis one is a call by John Tanner. Also David White of Fantomb calls makes award winning trough calls. Just two call makers i know of, i'm sure there are others.

gwa

Yep that's it, a trough call?? We got it figured out now.

Do you like the sound of it?

SC_WILDMAN

I do like the sound of trough calls. This one has a slate surface. i have run some of David White's trough calls that have an aluminum playing surface and they sound great also. That being said , this one is up for trade in the classifieds as i seldom use it. i have made the switch to mostly pot calls and diaphragms. Yelps on these calls are good, purring and clucking is where they really shine. Hope this helps.

gwa

I have an old one made with an aluminum trough but the gentleman passed away years ago and I was just curious as to whether they were still made today with new materials.

SC_WILDMAN

I see that Mr. White has a trough call with a copper playing surface. Wish i could play that one.

dreis3

I ran a few of the Fantomb trough calls in Harrisburg a few years back and was really impressed with the sound!
D. Reis Custom Calls
www.dreiscustomcalls.com