OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Wet box?

Started by Marc, April 08, 2016, 06:42:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc

Who makes the best "wet box," or waterproof box call?
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Spitten and drummen

I'm curious also. I have never heard one that sounded worth a flip. In for the opinions
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

SteelerFan

I know the "do it yourself" green paint on stuff was not so great, to say the least  ::)

Marc

I currently have the Primos Wet Box, and it ain't bad (it actually cutts and purrs really well)...  Certainly not my first choice on a pristine day, but not a bad call for the rain.  I know that Hooks makes one, and might purchase one next season...

Was hoping that someone (or someone's) had a recommendation for a really good call.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

PALongspur

IMO the Primos call is an excellent choice. It's my go-to on damp days.

It's important to remember when buying a production call (especially a box) that different wood grain can totally change the sound quality the call is capable of. I ran about two dozen of the Wet Box's before I bought one, and mine sounds so good I wouldn't hesitate to carry it rain or shine.

wvmntnhick

I had the same call and it sounded great but I ended up giving it away. Anymore, if it's calling for rain, I leave the box at home.

dantheman

Penns woods waterproof wizard. I have called in more birds with that box than any other. The only wet box that I felt sounded good enough to go in my vest.

vt35mag

I have had good luck with the primos.