turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Knoxx Stock problem - FIXED

Started by bowhunter2k9, March 09, 2013, 09:22:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowhunter2k9

hey guys, I broke down and bought a knoxx specops gen II for my 870... I'm starting to wish I had bought a NRS one. I did not have my cheek close to the sliding part... I figured out the slide slides back, limits out, and recoils the gun upward... into my face. I'm no sissy... I shot 3 times and had a swollen cheek. NO RECOIL ON MY SHOULDER THOUGH lol

anyone had this problem and a quick fix

as of right now its in the classifieds
Romans 8:38-39

captin_hook

A good friend of mine had one on his 835. I think it made the gun so much more uncomfortable to shoot as far as busting you in the face. I know there is a cheek pad available for the stock. I don't know if it will help the cheek slap much though. Id leave it in the classifieds.

USMC0331

When using the knoxx stock you cannot place your face on the stock with the same pressure as you do other shot guns or it will give you what knoxx calls cheek slap which is very uncomfortable. I bought my Rem. 870 from factory with one on it and it had a warning label with the problem you would have if you put to much cheek pressure on it. I shot bird shot loads in mine until I figured out where and how much cheek pressure is needed. once you have figured this out, the stock does a outstanding job of killing recoil and not your face. Hope this will help you.

bowhunter2k9

Quote from: USMC0331 on March 09, 2013, 09:53:22 AM
When using the knoxx stock you cannot place your face on the stock with the same pressure as you do other shot guns or it will give you what knoxx calls cheek slap which is very uncomfortable. I bought my Rem. 870 from factory with one on it and it had a warning label with the problem you would have if you put to much cheek pressure on it. I shot bird shot loads in mine until I figured out where and how much cheek pressure is needed. once you have figured this out, the stock does a outstanding job of killing recoil and not your face. Hope this will help you.

So do you have your face touching the stock at all? I will give it another shot but thats about it haha

USMC0331

Yes, my face is against the stock but lightly.

bowhunter2k9

Quote from: USMC0331 on March 09, 2013, 11:08:24 AM

I was shooting the HV 3.5" winchesters so thats the most kick you can get, I went back with dove loads and played until my bruised face didn't feel the recoil at all. I will try again next week with 3.5's

gophert

Quote from: bowhunter2k9 on March 09, 2013, 12:27:30 PM
Quote from: USMC0331 on March 09, 2013, 11:08:24 AM

I was shooting the HV 3.5" winchesters so thats the most kick you can get, I went back with dove loads and played until my bruised face didn't feel the recoil at all. I will try again next week with 3.5's

Nothing you can do if you are going to shoot those "buffalo" 3.5" Winchester rounds.   :toothy12:

I've gotten a sore cheek with those regardless of what stock I shot, my regular or knoxx.  Perhaps try shooting a Hevi 3.5" at 1095 fps instead of the winchester at 1300.  There is a difference in recoil.  The MagBlend's pack a pretty good punch as well.  The Knoxx is not going to remove all the recoil and cheek slap, just make it more manageable. Good Luck!

USMC0331

I hope it works out for you. I have shot those same HV shells and if your face is not on there right, it will bring the pain.Once i figured on where to put my cheek it was not bad at all.

bowhunter2k9

I usually shoot the h13 6's so it'll be alright, and I changed my cheek placement a bit but its bruised so everything hurts haha

USMC0331

Knoxx should have done a better job of informing people how to use the stock instead of placing a small piece of paper into the box.

bowhunter2k9

Quote from: USMC0331 on March 09, 2013, 12:58:51 PM
I hope it works out for you. I have shot those same HV shells and if your face is not on there right, it will bring the pain.Once i figured on where to put my cheek it was not bad at all.

Thanks for the advice Boss! got it fixed, went to the range and shot 3.5's no problem!!!