Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

new to me 1300 Turkey special...any load suggestions?

Started by gtrjames, April 16, 2012, 12:51:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

3Toes

My 1300 has been passed down to my son. I ran a Comp-n-choke for a while but found a couple of Star Dots at an old sportings goods store. It patterns good with Hevi13 3-2-6 and has been used to take several toms. It handles well, patterns good, and kicks like a mule!

eddie234

Nice Gun, I love mine.
I've got a comp-n-choke in .655 and am shooting Winchester x-tended range 3in #6's

mikejd

I just did some playing with my 1300 this may. I have been shooting winchester hv #4 for about 15 yrs. This year I decided to try some newer rounds and chokes. I shot 6 different chokes and 5 different round combos. Ill just cut to the chase and tell ya the best for me. IC  660  hevi shot 3" # 6 put 260 in a 10 at 40. I am not going with that combo because poi was a bit off and I hunt with a bead only so since I have know adjustment Im going to go with my Truglo Mark Banser wich gave me a nice even 180 in a 10 and even all around. Stardot was also very nice. with blends, 6's and 7"s. If I wanted to hunt with a sight it would be the IC.

TnTurk

That's simply amazing.  :happy0064:  I've got a scope on my 1300 and if I had 260 with #6, I'd be done searching for life. What kind of numbers did that star dot and mag blends put up? Now you"ve got me wanting to try an IC choke. 

BrowningGuy88

I am barely breaking 200 with Nitro's in my 21" NWTF from the 80's. With H13, I run 180+ with 3-2-7's and 150's with 3-2-6's.

I have gone back to the OLD Federal 3-2-6's and with my Comp-n-Choke I am turning right at 120. That is where it will stay.

mikejd

I saved all of my targets so I will check the other numbers tonight.
And my 1300 has a 21" barrel and has never been polished. I did do a deep clean before I did this testing but I did not swab in between shots.