OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

80 yard turkey kill with video

Started by bghunter777, April 28, 2015, 05:55:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chadly

nsselle

i guess could have killed 4 this year that far, but they still be kickin! Instead I went home emptied handed. I guess really it comes down to personal choice and hunting moral.  I would never do it, but what are we going to do, he did it end of story, at least the turkey is dead and not wounded.

But seriously, man that is way out of range, got lucky.

notsure

First off, anti-hunters don't need a video like this to affirm their absurd, ignorant view of hunters.  They HATE us, regardless of whether we hunt out of a blind, tree stand, the ground, use a bow, toss a spear, etc.  And if you don't want to hunt out of a blind, good for you.  I hunt with and without them, and I enjoy the experience regardless.  Why not try being a little less judgmental, obey the rules and hunt in a manner that satisfies your own personal ethics.  And let others do the same.

GobbleNut

Totally irresponsible and unethical.  Anybody that has a "personal ethic" that allows them to take eighty yard shots at gobblers should not be turkey hunting,....PERIOD!  Shameful to see.

Greg Massey

SteelerFan

He got lucky... That is good.
He took a shot that was way too far... That is bad.

Another example of taking the "hunt" out of hunting. I feel the same way when I see a "hunter" shoot an elk / deer / etc. at 800+ yds or whatever, on those "extreme" shows on the Outdoor / Sportsmans Channels.... Just my opinion.

RiverRoost

We all hunt and take pride in our skills and the hard work that we put into harvesting whatever animal we are after because we RESPECT the animal and its keen survival skills. If you choose to hunt an animal you should want to take it out cleanly and quickly whether it's a deer,turkey or whatever. Dude stomping on the birds head was to me disrespectful for the life he just took. MHO

darn2ten

Guys not a turkey hunter, he's a killer. Plain and simple a kill at any cost idiot with no respect for the game.

hoyt

Even with hiding in a camo tent, in an open field with high dollar decoys he can't call him in. So, he slings some shot at  him anyway at 80yds. Maybe they will adapt to hanging up at 100 yds in the future.

zelmo1

>:( :TrainWreck1: Ridiculous behavior. Makes you wonder what people are capable of.

Dr Juice

Wow. I'm speechless ... For once.

Old Gobbler

Looks like a few folks that migrated over from the high fiving goose hunting scene, or wannabe goose hunters -  I'm making my initial judgement based on choice of apparel , but just a hunch - I'll avoid making any personal attacks. Cause that's not how og operates

I see many problems with today's society,  here we have a group of folks that are raised by tv shows , and think everything they see on TV , endorsed by tv , and promoted by some so called hunting " celebrity " is okay and fine --hence the 80 yard shot .....I counted the fella making 45 steps and that was when he was already halfway there -if they were more experienced they would know that shot is highly unproductive , I would venture to say your odds are better trying to make a hoop shot with a basketball at that yardage , than killing a gobbler with conventional equipment at 85 yards

Back to tv..... who is raising our youth ? Is Kim Kardashian really the role model for young girls today ? keep your eyes on your youth they are in more trouble than you realize -as far as our featured hunters , they seem to simply doing the old monkey see...monkey do routine , even up to taking the footage and placing it up on YouTube for the whole world to what t hey think is " worship"

But as pointed out , you wont see any longest miss threads , nor longest miss YouTube videos. Those just never hit the front page
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

MACHINIST

Quote from: Cutt on April 28, 2015, 06:51:50 PM
I don't care for either, the 80 yard shot or the gunning from a blind. Move all around bird can't see ya and shoot, what an unfair advantage.

The 80 yard shot is dumber than a box of rocks,but whats so bad about gunning from a blind?

Onpoint

Quote from: MACHINIST on April 29, 2015, 09:28:28 AM
Quote from: Cutt on April 28, 2015, 06:51:50 PM
I don't care for either, the 80 yard shot or the gunning from a blind. Move all around bird can't see ya and shoot, what an unfair advantage.

The 80 yard shot is dumber than a box of rocks,but whats so bad about gunning from a blind?
It just ain't for everybody .

I started back in the early 90 's and always plopped my butt in front of a tree. That's how turkey hunting has been done for years..with the new pop up blinds it takes away his keenest sense. His eyes. Just an unfair (but legal) advantage. I won't knock anybody for using one but i like my way better.

I'd much rather see someone hunting from a blind than hunting over a corn pile. Well hunting and corn pile don't really go together. let's say "waiting" over a Corn pile

Jbird22

"Feeding the ANTI's" is not an issue because like notsure said, they don't care whether we consider it ethical or not. To them, hunting itself is unethical regardless of the manner in which an animal is killed. What kills me is how the ANTI's are all in one accord but we as hunters are divided in many different groups.

If the hunter is honest with himself he knows that the shot was much longer than he should have taken and that he got extremely lucky to get that bird. Hopefully, he learns from it and makes a conscious decision not to do it again.

As for TV, it is just a product of the mindset of the "new majority" of our once-great Country. TV itself is not to blame. Blame the screwed up logic of the "new majority" aka the ones who voted in Obama, TWICE!!! That mindset is do what you want as long as it makes YOU happy... :angry9: