OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How far do you have to go to hunt turkeys?

Started by TANK, February 28, 2011, 10:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

camp man

boboone

I walk out my back door and let the games begin. Im living the dream!!!
Dave

hoyt

It's all according to how far I walk and if I go in front or behind the house. Could be from a 50yd walk to miles. Front has pastures that boarder Shawnee National Forest and back has soybean or corn..whichever is planted..soybeans this yr...that boarders Shawnee National Forest.

loner

20 minutes in either of two directions to two different places.about,17-20 miles each way.i get about 20-22 mpg and it still expensive to go everyday.i can hunt public land 6 miles away if necessary.i guess,i should count my blessings for not being far away. ;)
just an ole' retired man that still believes in values,and common courtesy.

magicman

Anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour and a half.

WyoHunter

Closest is 3 1/2 hours and 8 hours is the longest to my son's place in KS.  :icon_thumright: :cowboy:
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

struttin_1

My home turf depending on the spot is between 10 and 30 minutes. The place I hunt in the southern part of the state is a 4 hour drive from home.

Gobblerdn1

45 minutes is the shortest drive I have to be near a huntable population of birds.

mrlongbeard

closest bird ive killed was 150 yards from my house. i have killed 22 longbeards excactly 973 yards from it according to my leica rangefinder, can see my house from that spot. doesnt get any better than that. i feel blessed to live in some of the best turkey country in new york.