OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I NEED SOME SNAKE BOOTS THAT WON"T LEAK!!!!!!

Started by TANK, April 15, 2012, 08:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reloader

Bass Pro Red Head Bayou Zip-up snake boots are some good ones.  I've put mine through heck for the past two seasons and they do not leak at all.  I wade creeks and walk through alot of wet grass, but no leaks thus far.  They are also cool on hot days and feel every bit as comfy as Nike Air tennis shoes.  By far the most comfy boots I've ever owned.  Everyone I know that has Rocky snake boots says they leak, my main reason for never buying a pair.  Another thing that usually gets me is that I wear a 14 in tennis shoes and can hardly find hunting boots that fit.  I guess these run a bit big as the 13s fit like a champ.

http://www.basspro.com/RedHead-Bayou-Zip-Camo-Waterproof-Non-Insulated-Snake-Boots-for-Men/product/10210225/58374?cm_ven=bazaarvoice&cm_cat=RLP&cm_pla=10210225&cm_ite=image_link

tha bugman

+1  Best ones I have ever owned!!!
Quote from: TrophyTracker on April 15, 2012, 11:35:27 PM
These. The most comfortable snakeboots I have ever owned. They feel like tennis shoes. Make sure to wear a liner sock, and your feet will stay cool and dry all day long.

South Alabama

I have tried 2 different pairs of Rocky snake boots, both of which leaked. I made it 1 hour into a hunt with the Lacross, which did not leak during this time, but my ankle was bleeding by the time I made it back to the truck ... terribly uncomfortable.  I ordered a pair of 16" LL Bean's Saturday and whatever they were selling as the new "sno-seal."  Not the greatest boots, but better than the others i have tried ... i have not been willing to take the plunge with Russell boots

tha bugman

My ankles suffered the same abuse with the same boot...got rid of them as soon as I could...
Quote from: South Alabama on April 16, 2012, 03:18:23 PM
I have tried 2 different pairs of Rocky snake boots, both of which leaked. I made it 1 hour into a hunt with the Lacross, which did not leak during this time, but my ankle was bleeding by the time I made it back to the truck ... terribly uncomfortable.  I ordered a pair of 16" LL Bean's Saturday and whatever they were selling as the new "sno-seal."  Not the greatest boots, but better than the others i have tried ... i have not been willing to take the plunge with Russell boots

Hookhunter

Cabelas brand lace up snake boots. Not sure what they are called but they only make one pair that I know of. I have 2 pair and love them!! iMHO a good pair of boots for turkey hunting is almost as important a patterning your gun (almost)
Good luck

Justin
Yelp,yelp,yelp.. Gobble, BOOM!!!! Flop,flop,flop