Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Your Thoughts on the NWTF Convention ???

Started by kershawbuck, February 20, 2011, 08:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kershawbuck

I was very pleased with the Convention ! I spent most of the day walking around and talking to the vendors on Friday. Met the Hooks crew!! Great guys!! Was also very pleased with the HS crew , very nice and down to earth ! I did not even try to visit Bone Collectors booth.. On Saturday I only stayed a few hours [too crowded for me!!] LOL .. I was also impressed with the variety of call makers there and the calling contest!! I cant wait to go back next year !!

LilFridWV

Me and my brother went down on Saturday and stayed at Opry Land Hotel. The rooms are awesome and the people from Hooks are awesome. Bought a custom crow call from Buckner game calls. Met the man who makes them and he is a great guy with a great guarantee behind his product. Didn't get to meet Wadell or the Lakoskys, but I got to see Cuz and Will Primos. Overall, I had a blast! A prostaffer gave me advice on Dads Custom Strikers Monkeywood. The striker can make ANY call sing! Look em up! :you_rock:

shootumindaface

Besides spending time with friends and meeting new ones.. I am gonna give it a B -

Overall I think there were fewer call makers than years past..Not that the show wasnt full, but just not as many call makers... I think the price of booths is making it hard for some small call makers to recoup their costs..

Parking this year was B.S. they tried everything Saturday to get you to pay for parking.. Blocked off roads, had flagmen etc etc.... Luckily we knew another way to get to the mall parking lot.. Not that 5.00 is a lot for parking but thats 5 dollars less cash each person has to spend in the hall.

I do believe letting members in free was a great idea however.. Its also pretty slick, its cheaper to buy a membership at the door than to purchase a 3 day pass..

dodger

We had a blast... But it wasn't as good as it was last year... And shootum hit the nail on the head... Parking was a joke.. Thank goodness for extra hotel keys... We parked right out the door..

And I got the good news I was looking for up there too.... But I cant let the cat out of the bag....

LX_Trkyhntr

I had a great time this year!  I got to hang out with some old friends and made some new ones! :you_rock:  I took the time to just walk around and look at everything this year, something I hadn't done in the past.

The parking fiasco took  lot of the fun out of Saturday, one of the guys blocking the road had me a little more than irritated!
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

allchokedup

I had a lot of fun at the Convention. I took my Bob Dixon vest there and got it signed by; Will Primos, Cuz Strickland, Harold Knight and David Hale. I also got a lot of mouth calls and box call signed By Will Primos.
It was also great hearing the call competition.
What I didn't like was Staying at the Gaylord Hotel. For $197.83, there should have been at least, a coffee pot and a refrig in the dag gone room. The parking was B.S. I checked out Sat. morning and left to get a meal I could afford. When I got back, there's a parking attendent flagging me down and making pay $5.00 for a parking spot. I had already turned my pass card back in and tried to tell this parking attendent that I payed $200.00 for a one night stay and was'nt going to pay for a parking spot. He told me if I didn't like it, I could turn around and leave.  Some real class right there. I will never stay at the Gaylord again.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

unclerick

This was our 3rd year to go and to take someone new to it, we had a ball, got a good spot to park so we only wlked a 1/2 mile rather then 2 miles, same with Bass Pro when we went there. I don't think there were as many people there this year and I don't think there were as many call makers either.
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

gordongekko

I just got in a few minutes ago.  I brought the wife and kids (twin 7 year old girls) this year and they all had a good time.  It kind of changed my experience a little though (didn't get to socialize or stay in the booth as much as I would have liked).  I missed too many folks that I wanted to see again (LX_Trkyhntr, thanks for stopping by the booth, sorry I missed you, I'll drop you a line or call soon, I need to pick your brain a little).  Did get to visit with Shootum, Headcrusher and Executioner though at least for a few minutes!  Great crew, great calls (and a fine MC I might add Headcrusher), and great people as my twin girls got a quick lesson on using a box call Friday, and unlike when I try to tell them something I they must have listened. 

Shootum, I am not sure if the booth prices or the general economy hit them, but I missed a few folks that I would've liked to have seen.  Still since I didn't have to deal with parking, my kids had a blast (the roost area was pretty cool), and my wife is now shopping for a bow...I'll give it a B+ (even if I didn't get to hang out as much as I wanted, my kids want to come back and that is priceless).  Honestly, the best thing about the show is networking and for that reason alone it is great.
In God we trust; all others pay cash.

Hootowl

We got there on Thursday and turned some calls in to be Judged( Friends Calls), The exhibit hall wasn't open but i did mange to sneak in a snap a few shot of some of the stuff, Like the Bass pro shop Nascar car and Truck, and sprint car, also the Trailer of Monster Bucks, and a few other things till I got Run Out, Next year I am planning on going down to the whole show.

Hoot

waturkeynut

Had a real good time, being from Wa state, we don't see any shows out here with that much devoted to turkeys. Like at my local show our NWTF booth is the only place in the whole show to hear a turkey call the rest is elk bugles, kind of the exact opposite, where that show had one elk bugler and a thousand turkey callers ours our flip flopped on those numbers. Great to meet so many with the turkey" Bug" and to meet folks like the Col. Tom Kelly, Will Primos, Preston Pittman, Cuz and the like. While I didn't bring it with me, the Col.told me to send him my copy of the Tenth legion and He'd sign it. Can't wait to go back again someday. Met all the Hooks guys and just had a ball. Plus once you folks realize I ain't gonna make it out that far to hunt you all were free to tell me your tricks :newmascot: ;)