OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

wma

Started by longspur, February 18, 2011, 02:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longspur

anybody get drawn for there favorite wma hunt? I missed this year but have another rejection for next year

TANK

Its not really my favorite, but I got pulled again this year for the Tunica Hills WMA in Louisiana. I put in for this hunt because its pretty much guaranteed you'll get pulled. This WMA is located on some the hardest hunting terrain in La. Also famous for rattlesnakes. Another reason I put in for this hunt is its the closest lotto hunt to where I live. The property joins the Louisiana State Penatentry Angola.

yella yelper

I got declined this year.  I killed a good one last year so I guess they decided I didn't need to take out any more.

hookedspur

Quote from: yella yelper on February 18, 2011, 04:07:36 PM
I got declined this year.  I killed a good one last year so I guess they decided I didn't need to take out any more.
:icon_thumright:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

knightrider

we will not have our results until 1st of march here in tn, its like a bunch of kids waiting on christmas at my house all over again :z-guntootsmiley:

hammernstrut

Hey knightrider---  Aren't you up close to Chuck Swan?   How much huntin' have you done in there, if any?

knightrider

Quote from: hammernstrut on February 18, 2011, 09:34:09 PM
Hey knightrider---  Aren't you up close to Chuck Swan?   How much huntin' have you done in there, if any?
i have grewup in chuckswan, it truly is turkey heaven, it is a guarenteed bonus tag when i get drew in there. ive been hunting there for around twenty years and it being twenty minutes away i know it like the back of my hand.if you ever get drawn in there give me a shout and ill hook you up with some guarenteed spots if you do your part on the shooting end.i know a FEW deer spots as well if you get drawed for those, :z-guntootsmiley:

hammernstrut

Thanks knightrider---  I put in for Chuck Swan every year, both spring and fall hunts.   I'm waiting right now to find out if I got it this spring.   I've been up there twice and seen a lot of birds but never got the chance to pull the trigger on one.  If I'm lucky enough to get drawn I'll holler at you for some advice on a spot.

TURKEYWHACKER

I won't say it's my favorite, but considering I had no preference points this year I'll gladly use my Richloam permit. I've taken birds from there before so it's all good. :gobble:

OLE RASPY

i couldnt imagined having to draw for a turkey hunt let alone hunt on public ground but one day i might have to.Going out of state hunting on public wouldnt bother me but where i live i would hate to have to.

knightrider

Quote from: hammernstrut on February 19, 2011, 04:49:50 PM
Thanks knightrider---  I put in for Chuck Swan every year, both spring and fall hunts.   I'm waiting right now to find out if I got it this spring.   I've been up there twice and seen a lot of birds but never got the chance to pull the trigger on one.  If I'm lucky enough to get drawn I'll holler at you for some advice on a spot.
sounds good if you get drawed let me know :you_rock: