OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What if any Emergency items do you take with you

Started by mossy835, February 16, 2011, 03:31:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mossy835

Mostly I am curious about those of us that hunt different areas away from home where we do not always know what the terrain, water supply is going to be. For example a water purifier, a fire starter, some sort of high energy food, leatherman or similar tool for fixing that what always needs it in the woods, chain saw???? My turkey hunting area is very large and many times remote so I may take too much but you never know.

hobbes

Water, TP, Food, compass........are about the only "emergency" items I take on most turkey hunts.

When I hunt really big areas like here in CO, I carry additional items sometimes.  GPS, Water Filter, Fire starter, a small first aid kit, etc.

Most places, even some that are considered bigger, don't offer enough opportunity to get far enough from civilization to worry too much about it.

turkey slayer

All the areas I hunt I know the land good enough to get out if there was an emergency but I always bring TP

Cove

A GPS and extra batteries, but thats every trip. I dont know how I ever found my way back before Garmin.  :o ;D

sugarray

I am a little scared, so I don't wander too far.  I keep myself in my comfort zone and don't get too far away.  But, on our SD hunt the only thing extra I hope to take is some pain meds I can use, being a doc, in case of a broken leg or something.

CASH

Quote from: sugarray on February 16, 2011, 03:52:26 PM
I am a little scared, so I don't wander too far.  I keep myself in my comfort zone and don't get too far away.  But, on our SD hunt the only thing extra I hope to take is some pain meds I can use, being a doc, in case of a broken leg or something.

Scared of what?  Deer blood?  :TooFunny:Sorry, couldn't resist.

I carry a snakebite kit, a small first aid kit, and a small survival kit.  JIC

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

ctwny1

I've always have a cell phone, GPS, bandages, TP and water.

Tail Feathers

Love to hunt the King of Spring!

savduck

Georgia Boy

Jay

On advice of my family I got my first cell phone beginning of last season to carry in the woods. Only problem they didn't tell me is I won't get servive most of the time, when I'd need it.

knightrider

shad309

I always carry water, snacks, first aid kit, fire starter, space blanket, cell phone, tp, & gps. It doesn't matter how big or small the area- I keep these things (in a backpack) in my vehicle at all times for just in case situations and strap it on before heading into the woods.

drum817

I carry a knife,TP, water, trail mix/power bars, goody powders and a cell phone in my vest and a small first aid kit in my vehicile.
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

Skeeterbait

Items always in my vest are a smart phone that will work if I am on a hill in most of my areas, a small first aid pouch, a couple of granola bars, a bottle of gatoraid, a knife, a surefire flash light, a military poncho that could serve as a shelter, a windproof lighter, TP, paracord, and a subcompact 45.

sugarray

Quote from: CASH on February 16, 2011, 04:09:47 PM
Quote from: sugarray on February 16, 2011, 03:52:26 PM
I am a little scared, so I don't wander too far.  I keep myself in my comfort zone and don't get too far away.  But, on our SD hunt the only thing extra I hope to take is some pain meds I can use, being a doc, in case of a broken leg or something.

Scared of what?  Deer blood?  :TooFunny:Sorry, couldn't resist.

I carry a snakebite kit, a small first aid kit, and a small survival kit.  JIC

Well, when I was a kid, I got lost.  So that has really stuck with me, so when I'm in the woods, I am very cautious.  What is the snake bite kit for?  Really, if a snake bites you, you can't suck the venom out, it is like getting a shot, once it's in there, no way to get it back.