OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

This may complicate things

Started by zelmo1, March 23, 2024, 07:40:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zelmo1

We really didn't need 6-8" of snow now, just saying.  :OGturkeyhead: :OGturkeyhead:  Z

Tom007

Quote from: zelmo1 on March 23, 2024, 07:40:12 AM
We really didn't need 6-8" of snow now, just saying.  :OGturkeyhead: :OGturkeyhead:  Z

Oh boy Z, looks real nice though... :drool:
"Solo hunter"

captpete

I hear you...we got 4" here yesterday with more coming tomorrow!!! Only good thing is we are still over 2 weeks before season opens here. Suppose to be 50*-60* by Tuesday so it should all be gone.

zelmo1

5 weeks to the opener, I just hate going backwards. Z

Turkeybutt

Looks nice but the only time I want to see that is in deer season.

JeffC

Time to hook up the dogs to the sled and head to the airport! You need to get down to Fla. and get acclimated to that thing they call Sunshine!!
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

zelmo1

I may go track a couple bunnies or coyotes. Make the best of it. Z

joey46

When I hunted WY in 2022 there was still scattered snow here and there. This was the first week of May.

Gooserbat

If it pulls that stunt May 7th im taking my toys and going back to Oklahoma.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

zelmo1

Haven't seen any real snow in may in a long time. More of a temperature thing then. Z

Greg Massey

You should be able to see tracks and strutting marks in the snow pretty easy ... LOL...  But that picture made me feel cold this morning ..

GobbleNut

Better it happen now than in five weeks!   :D
Around here, with much of the hunting being done at 8,000 to 10,000 foot elevations, there is almost always snow on the ground in spots and it is not at all unusual to have snowstorms during the spring season.  Year before last, we had two storms that dropped 8"-10" each in the first couple of weeks of the season.  I got run out of the mountains from both.  I like seeing it snow, it's pretty...but I hate hunting in it!   :D

Treerooster

Yoder409

Didn't snow here, this time around.  But, heck !!!   It'd have 6 weeks to melt before our opener, so.........   >:(
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.