OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What do you do for a living?

Started by compton30, March 19, 2024, 04:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happy

Industrial electrician for 16 years. In management now. Still in the electrical side of things. 25 years total in the electrical side of things.

Good-looking and Platinum level member of the Elitist club

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

WV Flopper

Electrician, 33 years.

Hunting time is typically dependent on my work load. Last few years including this one have worked in my favor.

Last year hunted 21 days. This year will be close to that but unlikely more. Losing too many days traveling.

Muzzy61

Manager International Shipping for orthopedic Implant Manufacturer

Normally around 20 mornings.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Howie g

Family HVAC contractor.  Normally squeez in a few hunts before work when weather is right .

randy6471

I'm a retired factory worker and I usually spend around 35-40 days per year turkey hunting. I was able to hunt about the same amount of time when I was working, because for many years I worked a rotating shift schedule and just plugged in some vacation time to go along with my normal days off.

GobbleNut

Quote from: arkrem870 on March 19, 2024, 05:49:18 PM
I'm a real estate developer and contractor. I drive around in my fancy truck. Cash checks. And hunt. Or at least that's what people think.......I actually manage chaos.

:TooFunny:  Yeah, me too! (except for the real estate developer part)  ...Been retired as a building contractor/chaos manager for about ten years now.  Once I hit sixty-two, I said "enough is enough". :D 

I try to hunt between 20-25 days each spring, although I am free to go a lot more than that.  If the nearest turkeys weren't a minimum two-hour drive away, I probably would try to go more.    :)

Clif Owen

I retired from the state of Louisiana after 32 years running a survey crew. Now I work a couple of days a week for a land surveyor who was one of my field supervisors
I could probably hunt more but I go if I think I want to. And I am in the woods listening every morning during March and April unless it's storming.

CALLM2U

I'm in leadership for a fortune 500 insurance company.  Will retire at 55.  The plan was 50 but the cost of sending 3 kids to private school has altered those plans.   ::)

The amount of days I hunt varies from year to year based on how many states I hit.  This year will be 4 states and probably around 15 days. 

ChesterCopperpot

I make up lies for a living. The lies are even translated into a half dozen other languages. I take a break from making up lies April and May and then October through December. I try to hunt every day of season. Most years that works out. This year I'll have to miss a few.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on March 19, 2024, 07:46:33 PM
I make up lies for a living. The lies are even translated into a half dozen other languages. I take a break from making up lies April and May and then October through December. I try to hunt every day of season. Most years that works out. This year I'll have to miss a few.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You a professional politician Chet?  :funnyturkey:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Gmed

I am retired L.E. after 32 years of service. I am currently working on my second million dollars as I long ago, gave up on the first one. Now that I have time to hunt my legs aren't up to these mountains as much. I'll still hunt 15-20 mornings or until I take a bird or two. I hunt two states but have a self imposed limit of one bird per state.

Brian Fahs

Union electrician. Set to retire this July at age 60.

I typically hunt 4 states a year for about 15-20 days a season.

After retirement I intend to hunt 3-4x that amount in a lot more states.

Working has made myself and my family a fine life and living. Grate full for the opportunities work has afforded me, but I'm ready to hunt full time and enjoy my time left above ground.

Yoder409

Retired after 35 1/2 years as an international cardboard logistician (a.k.a. a UPS guy).

Could hunt from day 1 of Florida's south zone opener til Memorial Day if I wanted to.  But, realistically, over the last few years, I've hunted between 2 and 15 days.  Depends on how many states.

Have 4 days in, so far, this year.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Alabama556

I sell insurance mainly to people in the oil and gas business.

I will be lucky to hunt 10 days this spring. Used to hunt a lot more before I changed jobs a couple of years ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ElkTurkMan

Estimator/ Sakes rep for a fire sprinkler subcontractor.  I usually hunt anywhere from 15-25 days each spring. Just depends on where I am going. My wife and I don't have any children and at my work place it's understood pretty much that spring and fall I will be off hunting. I pick up the slack during summer and Holidays to cover for guys with families so they can do the family vacation/ Holiday things . it's been a a good arrangement.