OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Just around the corner...

Started by 1iagobblergetter, February 09, 2020, 04:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1iagobblergetter

I can hardly wait. My Sons youth season in Iowa is April 10th,11th,&12th then my 1st Season starts on the 13th.
When does everyone else's start?

Crghss

March 7 here in FL.

Just booked my flight to Black Hills, SD.

I'm pumped to say the least...
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: Crghss on February 09, 2020, 06:05:40 PM
March 7 here in FL.

Just booked my flight to Black Hills, SD.

I'm pumped to say the least...
Been there several times on vacation,but never to hunt. Beautiful country....Same with Florida. Would love to hunt both places. Post some pictures and torment us with that early season..Goodluck.

MK M GOBL

Here in WI I have a Learn to Hunt Turkey Program first (April 4th & 5th) then Youth Season is (April 11th & 12th) then our opening of the regular season is April 15th from there on out 6 weeks of hunting, making a trip to the U.P. of MI this year with a buddy. I also do a bunch of turkey hunting seminars at some shows, classes and the store; "Turkey University" gets me going! That starts in the end of Jan. and runs through end of March, thinking I have around 40 I'll do.

Pretty much working on something turkey year round now with me in the shop doing displays! https://www.facebook.com/FanaticTurkeyDisplays/

MK M GOBL

Gobble!

jwm1485

Quote from: MK M GOBL on February 09, 2020, 06:27:56 PM
Here in WI I have a Learn to Hunt Turkey Program first (April 4th & 5th) then Youth Season is (April 11th & 12th) then our opening of the regular season is April 15th from there on out 6 weeks of hunting, making a trip to the U.P. of MI this year with a buddy. I also do a bunch of turkey hunting seminars at some shows, classes and the store; "Turkey University" gets me going! That starts in the end of Jan. and runs through end of March, thinking I have around 40 I'll do.

Pretty much working on something turkey year round now with me in the shop doing displays! https://www.facebook.com/FanaticTurkeyDisplays/

MK M GOBL

Any southeastern Wisconsin seminars?

Yoder409

Still around an awfully big corner here.......  Latest opener.in the nation this year.

April 25th is Youth Day
May 2nd starts our general season.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: Yoder409 on February 09, 2020, 09:54:10 PM
Still around an awfully big corner here.......  Latest opener.in the  this year.

April 25th is Youth Day
Where's that at? Glad I don't live there..Lol..I would probably have to hunt out of state somewhere early...We'll all have to post some dead birds for ya.. :funnyturkey:

MK M GOBL

Quote from: jwm1485 on February 09, 2020, 09:17:33 PM
Quote from: MK M GOBL on February 09, 2020, 06:27:56 PM

MK M GOBL

Any southeastern Wisconsin seminars?

Nothing in the south east part of the state, will get over to Richland Center for the Driftless Area Deer Classic on Sat. Feb 22nd.

MK M GOBL

NCL

March 28th until May 3rd for the General season

2eagles

I always hunt seasons 1&4 in Iowa, but after the stinky weather in season 1 last year, I may do two season 4 tags. The weather will certainly be more pleasant and my son and I should have more time to hunt together. But, I do like first crack at tom. Being retired I can do whatever I please, if the weatherman cooperates.

Vaturkeyhntr

Kickin off the season on our annual trip to GA for opening weekend.  Then back to VA for the youth weekend of April 4th and opening day of April 11.  LETS GOOOOOOOO

rakkin6

March 21st until May 10th for me.
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

paboxcall

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on February 09, 2020, 10:19:20 PM
Quote from: Yoder409 on February 09, 2020, 09:54:10 PM
Still around an awfully big corner here.......  Latest opener.in the  this year.

April 25th is Youth Day
Where's that at?

Pennsylvania.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

cracker4112

Taking my 13 yo on the South zone youth weekend, February 29, not sure who is more excited.