OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

When you have to “go”

Started by 17hornethunter, January 28, 2018, 03:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoder409

Quote from: CtRider on January 30, 2018, 07:19:11 PM
The downhill grade it key

Extended trajectory is all important.

Yep.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

WNCTracker

Quote from: Yoder409 on January 30, 2018, 06:51:41 PM
Quote from: NCbowjunkie on January 30, 2018, 06:09:52 PM
Yoder explain the grippin tree part    I have always looked for a good down tree with a fork in the limbs
:TooFunny:

A grippin' tree.....................

A tree.  Usually about 3-4 inches in diameter at the grippin' point.  Ideally located on somewhat of a grade.

Directions for use:  Find a suitable grippin' tree as generally described above.  (Please note that under extreme lower GI distress, the parameters for "suitable" can and probably will be lowered considerably and probably in a frantic rush)  Situate yourself on the downslope side of the grippin' tree, facing the tree.  Drop trow.  In the case of bib overalls, insure you have pulled the suspenders well forward between your feet.  Probably best to remove any coat, as well.  Assume the position while simultaneously engaging the grippin' tree firmly with both hands.  Grip it and rip it.  A properly chosen grippin' tree will insure sufficient trajectory of jettisoned materials so as to not have any of the mentioned materials land on your britches or boot heels.  But rather well downhill of your squat position.   

Simple.
Grip it and rip it!!Hahaha. This reminds me of a post on here one time where a guy told a story about his buddy and an overalls mishap in the dark where he didn't know it until he was dressed and I believe hunting in them!?!? 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoder409

Quote from: WNCTracker on January 30, 2018, 10:01:19 PM
Grip it and rip it!!Hahaha. This reminds me of a post on here one time where a guy told a story about his buddy and an overalls mishap in the dark where he didn't know it until he was dressed and I believe hunting in them!?!? 

A properly selected and utilized grippin' tree coulda eliminated much trauma and embarrassment from said situation.

Yep.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

NCbowjunkie

Greg Massey ,you said you had a book in the hunting cabin , is the author Yoder 409 and does it have any illustrations ? He seems very practiced on this procedure. Now that's what they call a tree shaker :TooFunny:

Greg Massey

Quote from: NCbowjunkie on January 30, 2018, 11:16:59 PM
Greg Massey ,you said you had a book in the hunting cabin , is the author Yoder 409 and does it have any illustrations ? He seems very practiced on this procedure. Now that's what they call a tree shaker :TooFunny:
LMBO...i need to get him a copy... :you_rock:

Spring Creek Calls

Here ya go.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

NCbowjunkie

Now that has to be the best outhouse I've seen,just watch out for squirrels, and where is the flush lever? :OGani:

bbcoach

Better not slip and fall in Mike.  They may never find ya. 

Yoder409

Quote from: Spring Creek Calls on January 31, 2018, 08:00:28 AM
Here ya go.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

That's for them city folks.............
PA elitist since 1979

GunRunner

If you can't be home on your own 'throne', I'd rather go in the woods anytime rather than use public bathrooms in gas stations, McDonald's or porta jons.

Been carrying baby wipes in a zip-lock bag for years......call it my "s... kit".

GunRunner

dayna105

Quote from: NCbowjunkie on January 31, 2018, 10:35:11 AM
Now that has to be the best outhouse I've seen,just watch out for squirrels, and where is the flush lever? :OGani:

Yep...don't want them tree rats to chew on the wrong nuts.

Marc

Quote from: 17hornethunter on January 28, 2018, 03:18:51 PM
I wanted to share something that I found recently that I think you guys may like. They are called wysi wipes. They are basically dried compressed towelettes that take up hardly any room at all. When you are done doing your business, You just wet the puck and it fluffs up into a wet wash cloth. I got the bigger ones, and one puck will take care of one "go". Can use them for other things too like removing face paint , blowing nose, whatever .
Just make sure if you use them as duel purpose wipes, that you use them to wipe your face and nose before using them as traditional wipes and not "doing your business."
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.