OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Another Iowa Pig

Started by stinkpickle, April 18, 2013, 12:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stinkpickle

I was lucky enough to strike this sucker yesterday morning between downpours.  My expectations were low with all the rain and wind.  The showers let up for a few minutes around 7:00am, and I started cutting.  Within a few seconds, this longbeard and a jake came running over the hill, and he fired up in hurry.  I didn't let him play around very long.  I only got a couple of crappy pictures, because the rain (and hail) picked up almost immediately afterwards. 

I let him hang in the garage to dry off until after noon, then I weighed him.  He clocked in at 27lbs, 1oz!  He also had an 11" beard and 1 1/8" spurs.

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

barry

tomstopper

Flydown

Wow , what a pig!  Congrats stink!

boomer

Dbrnmllr

What part of the state did you get him in?

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

Mike Honcho

Man he's a hoss!  Good work!  Bet ya felt that one carryin him out!

DirtNap647

geesh... congrats he musta ate riverstone for grit  :you_rock:

TRKYHTR

WTG Stink. Congrats on a great heavy gobbler.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

cuppednlocked

Devastator

congrats,thats hog city right there!

steveo

He probably found a bird feeder during winter............. ;D  what a fatty !

ads1

Congratulations on a really nice pig err bird!! :turkey2:
Terry E. Kiser from Southeastern Illinois