OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Poaching is bad this year.

Started by Strut Buster, October 25, 2011, 09:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strut Buster

A few weeks ago the PA Game Commission caught people with a pickup load of deer they shot after dark very near my home. This past Saturday the Police caught someone who shot a buck late at night about 1/2 mile from my home. I hope they loose their guns, vehicles and pay a hefty fine. Nothing makes me more upset than watching these deer all year waiting for hunting season and have this happen. I hear shooting late at night all the time.    :angry9:
Ethics & Respect First

frank1969

Jay

All you can do is when you hear a gunshot have the right phone number on speed dial to call the authorites and report it. If they have someone handy to send, I'm sure they will. These guys need to be busted.

HogBiologist

Let the Local GW set up robo deer on your place to catch the b-tards
Certified Wildlife Biologist

handcannon

I know there is a lot of it that went on in my neck of the woods. I've seen the robotic deer at night set off on the side of the road just a couple miles from my house waiting for some dummy to come through and pop a shot at him. A few years ago, a guy was heading home....drunk.....and new that the robo deer was placed near our town. He seen it, stopped and grabbed a tire tool from the back of his truck, walked over to the decoy and beat the snot out of it. Lights came on and they took him off to jail while all 3 of them were laughing. The judge did not laugh about it though. Some folks will do anything for a laugh or a story.

Basser69

I cannot stand a poacher. We deal with they every year on our lease due to a public dirt road running through the center of the property.  :angry9:

fallhnt

A guy told my friend the other day that his group went to N.D. and shot 2 limits of ducks a day!He said they never did this good and wanted to take advantage of it.Must be one of Jeff Foiles cronies.
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

LX_Trkyhntr

I've been hearing a about a lot of poachers around here too. 
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

lightsoutcalls

Sorry to hear about the poachers.  The lease I'm hunting this fall had that problem several years back.  The neighbor's yard (300 yards down the road) looked like an RV park with generators running all day to provide the poachers all the comforts of home.  They had a light strung in the woods over a pallet where they would butcher all of their illegal game.  The owner of the place ended up filing bankruptcy and lost the land.  The new owners don't hunt, but don't mind if those on my buddy's lease hunt legally on their property. The game population has rebounded since the old owners left.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

surehuntsalot

without stiffer fines and penalties,busting poachers is a waste of time

taking away their hunting rights"what a joke" and the small fines are not the answer
it's not the harvest,it's the chase