turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Which game ear

Started by strum, March 02, 2023, 10:17:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nathan_Wiles

Glad we could help push you along. Now for the final push...
The triple dog dare, lol.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

GunRunner

Does Tetra have a payment plan ?

Nathan_Wiles

Quote from: GunRunner on March 07, 2023, 01:01:40 PM
Does Tetra have a payment plan ?
They offer Affirm, I believe. It's third party but is a pretty simple process. It worked well for me.

Roost 1

Another vote for Tetra. I got the Amp Pods 90 last Friday. After talking with them at the NWTF Convention in Nashville, I decided to drive over to their office which is only  95 miles from my house.
I'm glad I did,  I took their hearing test after showing them a recent copy of my local hearing test.
They had mine programmed in like 10 minutes.  Turkey, turkey boost, turkey max, normal conversation, deer and deer boost.
Like some mentioned I can still hear birds gobble a pretty good ways off but can't tell which direction, this is no longer an issue.  Heard birds in 2 different places Sunday morning and had them pinpointed first time I heard them.  Not to mention all the other sounds of morning coming to life that I had been missing.
Time will tell but initially there isn't any buyers remorse here.

Good luck

roberthyman14

Quote from: strum on March 03, 2023, 11:52:21 AM
Ok guys yall suck lol not really but yall dont help me save money .
  I went from looking at $150 walker razers to $2500 Terta  custom shields. 
   May go with the Custom shield option because the fit and features are very appealing.
Funny thig is I told me wife I wasnt going to spend any money on turkey hunting this year . I have everything I need.
Well so far I bought a box call, a wing bone, some diaphragms, and now looking at hearing enhancement.
Thanks yall really know how to spend my money   :funnyturkey:
Hearing protection not enhancement. 

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Sixes

For you guys that have the Tetras, are they available in single ears?

My hearing loss is in my left ear, I take yearly audiological tests yearly for work and receive the results and the hearing in my right ear is above average for my age (52) but my left ear is pitiful. Shooter's ear. 

Ive tried Walkers Gameear, Walker's muffs, Howard Leights, and a couple of off brands and the Walker's  Gameear is the only one that I have had partial success with.  It definitely enhances sounds, but I cannot for the life of me tell what direction a noise comes from.

If I hear a turkey gobble or a deer walking, it is always 45-90 degrees further to the left than what is registering in my brain. I've just dealt with it the last few years and not worn anything, but I would buy something that would work. But, in reality, I only need something for my left ear.

If they are only available in pairs, are they individually set for each ear? That was the problem with the Leights, they enhanced both ears and my right ear was still a lot more dominate and caused me to have problems pinpointing the sounds.

The Walker Gameear worked the best for me because I only used it in my left ear

Nathan_Wiles

Sixes,
This was my problem. My left ear is terrible, and the right ear isn't as bad. Every turkey was on the right for years.
May wanna call em about a single side.
I got both ears, and they're programmed for enhancing what has been lost in each ear, with the added plus of shot compression to protect from gunshots.

strum

[q   :funnyturkey:
[/quote]Hearing protection not enhancement. 

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
[/quote]

I stand corrected . but really it both im looking for .. some enhancement and some protection.

strum

Well I got my hearing tested today and yep, Im not hearing a lot of the mid and higher frequencies.
  I decided to order the Custom Sheilds and just competed the order and mailed out my molds.
May take 10-14 days to get them back.
Now I'm done with buying stuff for turkey hunting!!!!!

Nathan_Wiles

Quote from: strum on March 15, 2023, 05:34:49 PM
Well I got my hearing tested today and yep, Im not hearing a lot of the mid and higher frequencies.
  I decided to order the Custom Sheilds and just competed the order and mailed out my molds.
May take 10-14 days to get them back.
Now I'm done with buying stuff for turkey hunting!!!!!
Wait til you hear what you've been missing...
I told that same lie about being done, and I bought two calls afterward. Hopefully, you can hold your ground.

strum

Following up on this . I just got my Tetra Custom shields this morning.
After wearing them around in the house and the yard for an hour or so. I can say these are amazing. It took some fidding with the setting to get what I think I'll use in the woods but they are as comfortable as it gets and Im hearing things I never hear anymore. Its like the world came alive. Thank you Nathan_Wiles for helping me make the decision. 

aclawrence

Quote from: strum on April 07, 2023, 01:01:42 PM
After wearing them around in the house and the yard for an hour or so. I can say these are amazing. It took some fidding with the setting to get what I think I'll use in the woods but they are as comfortable as it gets and Im hearing things I never hear anymore. Its like the world came alive. Thank you Nathan_Wiles for helping me make the decision.
Thanks for the report. Let us know how they do in the woods. I wish I could get my dad some of these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nathan_Wiles

Quote from: strum on April 07, 2023, 01:01:42 PM
Strum, glad I could help out. I can't wait til you engage with a gobbler and get to experience the whole show again.

Wigsplitter

Following you guys on this one..... I'm starting to need some help in the hearing department

Marc

Quote from: strum on March 03, 2023, 11:52:21 AM
Funny thig is I told me wife I wasnt going to spend any money on turkey hunting this year . I have everything I need.
Well so far I bought a box call, a wing bone, some diaphragms, and now looking at hearing enhancement.
Thanks yall really know how to spend my money   :funnyturkey:

I have some Walker's...  Wind is horrible (sounds like a meth addicted prostitute blowing in my ear), and sound amplification is just slightly better than nothing.

I am going to drop the coin on Tetra's myself...  Save my hearing, and actually hear stuff going on.

Do NOT tell the wife they are for turkey hunting...  They are an investment in health.  (You can actually use your Flex spending account on them if you have one).
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.