turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Primos Tight Wad

Started by Blairj, March 20, 2017, 04:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blairj

Anyone have any input on the Primos Tight Wad out of the 870 youth?  I have one and maybe i'm just not holding my mouth right but I get an acceptable pattern out to about 30 yards but after that it falls off pretty quickly.  What load have you guys been seeing the better patterns with?  I have WIN DoubleX and Magnum Blend.  Just picked up some Fed HW 2.75 and 3rd degree to test out as well.  My SumToy just arrived in the box today but I like to have options. 

J

Tom Foolery

Lead won't get you much past 30yds.

3" Fed HW 7's - 16" circle - 42yds

3" H13 #6's - 10" and 20" circle - 42yds

Blairj

those there are some good numbers.  Looks like i may need to find some Hevi's.  I've tried to find some Fed HW 7's but they are rare and for the amount I would order vs shipping charge it is not happening.  I've got 4 boxes on backorder but no tellin when they will show up.

Tom Foolery

I buy 2 boxes of HW 7's every year and just put them up.  I don't ever see myself going back to a 12 gauge so I figure I'll just spend my money on what I know works.  It does suck paying shipping but I always try to time it when I'm ordering other reloading supplies from midway or grafs so it's not really an extra charge. 

jmart241

Have it in 2 of my yth 870s both shoot 140s in 10in at 40 with fed heavy weight 7s

Blairj

I mainly picked up the 870 youth to get our boys got by this year along with my niece and nephew but looks like when I don't put it in their hands for the day it will be in me be with numbers like that.  Hadn't had time to pattern it yet so was curious if the porting negatively effected the FC WAD.   Anyone tried the Mag Blend or 3rd degree out of theirs with good results?  Besides the box of 2.75  HW's I picked up, I'm hoping to have the HW 7's before season starts but gotta go with plan B if not.  Regardless I will be patterning it with each but just wanted the get some optinions of the 2 "blends" mentioned. 

Got my SumToy today and its very nice indeed.  I've read nothing but great things so expecting excellent results.